Sunday Dinner Thread, Oct 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A quick taste before refrigerating says it will be really good. I added my power chili spices (ginger, ground cloves, allspice and some brown sugar) these give it that punch of flavor and makes the tomatoes less acid.

Those are a interesting group of spices for chili. I have never heard of before. Is that your personal recipe?:chef:

That's what I was going to say, but I got carried away with the metric system...

Do you have a recipe, Z? I'd love to try your version of chili sometime. I change the main ingredients up sometimes, but not the spices. I'd love to try it sometime.

You can PM me if you want, Z.

Week 5's PPPC, Pierogi and Lake Erie fried walleye. In homage of my Cleveland Browns, who thankfully had a bye week today :LOL:
(don't ask me why the guy who caught them cuts them up the way he does, he always cuts the fillets into pieces. I just go with it)

Attachments

• PPPC week-5 bye.jpg
    PPPC week-5 bye.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 164
The chili with the canned beef turned out wonderful. I will definitely make this again.

Exhausted after singing 4 concerts in 3 days in a stuffily hot auditorium (I probably lost 5 lbs in sweat!) I DID NOT want to cook. Dominios it is and it's very good. I did make a small side salad with mine to get some veggies in this weekend.

I made pulled pork in the roaster today. It turned out really good. Maybe should have written down the spices I threw together to rub on it.

I made Penne in a mushroom/shallot/white wine sauce with tarragon, fines herbes, and other spices and herbs. Side dish: roasted cauliflower and broccoli.

We ate at a pub/bar/grill style restaurant I had a really interesting burger it was a beef patty topped with pepper jack cheese, grilled andouille sausage, fried okra,raw red onion slices and Frank's Hot Sauce. (I don't think the sausage was really andouille it seemed more like polish sausage). But the Burger was very good especially with the Octoberfest beer sampler!

My aunt treated and got pizza and wings for dinner last night.

I'm on the hook for tonight's.....

We are having SharonT's Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Cream Sauce, along with her Spinach Orzo. Will need something else, but haven't decided what as yet. Too beautiful a day to do much thinking.:rolleyes:;)

Reporting on the above meal.....yum, yum, yum. The only change I would make would be to chop the spinach a bit for the orzo so it would mix more uniformly. Otherwise, the meal was wonderful. I would imagine substituting veal for the pork would be over the moon good.

Back
Top Bottom