"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Master Chef
Site Moderator
Sunday Eats: What's for dinner 8/25

So what's the plan for dinner?

We are having BLTs and macaroni salad. I just picked 2 HUGE tomatoes from the garden.

Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
DH came back with a huge sub from Walmart yesterday, it actually had very little flavor despite all the meats and cheeses, so I think I'll bake it and add many, many condiments.

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Master Chef
Not sure. We had burgers for lunch after church so I'm not really hungry! We'll see what we're in the mood for come dinner time.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Master Chef
Have no interest in cooking today, and *gasp* I'm out of leftovers. We have some random lunchmeats (a rare occurrence around here) so it will be sammies with a salad. Nothing fancy - I think I'm on strike today but I'm too disinterested to figure it out.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
I bought a half bone-in turkey breast for Shrek, I will be roasting that, I was going to do up some red potatoes, but they are yucky! This hot weather plays havoc with produce. I have some mashed potatoes frozen from another meal, I will warm those and a light grape salad with orange dressing on greens.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
I went to the store to pick up some cream, scallions and mushrooms (which I did get BTW) for some creamy Cajun chicken... but... also left with some broccoli and a small prime rib roast. I am going to attempt to cook that little roast on the grill. Kind of a hybrid Perfect Prime Rib from Food Wishes method, since no way do I have the time to let it come up to room temp and no way is my grill as airtight as my oven.
It will either come out like prime rib or come out like grilled beef.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Executive Chef
I planned to have my son over for dinner for his 27th birthday celebration, which was yesterday, but he has been on tour with his band for the last week and has played in 4 different cities in 5 nights. He called me from my house, where he stores some of his belongings and asked if I would be disapointed if he just returned to the city because he is beat and hasn't had a shower in a couple of days and has no clean clothes left.

So, we have some tenderloin in the fridge which has to be eaten because I am off to the city to see him tomorrow. I think I will eat it with peppercorn sauce, baked potato, and some Ceasar salad....
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
It'll be some massive amount of zucchini, tomatoes, chard/kale, beans, and corn.
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
I reckon it will be skewers of ham, pineapple, and bell peppers on the grill. Mac and cheese on the side. Couple of Negra Modelos to wash it down.
I used to be a racist, but I don't have much interest in it since Dale Earnhardt got killed.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Wine Guy
We're having BLTs with gazpacho.

Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote