Sunday Funday. What's cookin'? 2/26/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beef stew with dumplings and plenty of green beans. I love them. It is a bit chilly out compared to yesterday.

A school cafeteria style pizza burger built on an English muffin, a side salad and apple slices dipped in chunky blue cheese dressing.

Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots (cooked in the liquid) with some thousand million island dressing.

Gonna be a busy doctorin' week so I put a nice BIG ham in the crock-pot. Sure smells pigaliciously delicious right now. Yum!

We'll have pineapple casserole (new recipe) and sauteed baby zucchini as the sides. Have a few Kroger pecan shortbread cookies that need to make their way to our tummies. They'll be dessert.

Good-sized ham so there'll be loads of leftovers to get us through the week. My crystal ball tells me scalloped potatoes and ham could be in our future.:rolleyes:

We had to move some stuff around in the sunroom freezers
Shoot. Got interrupted, didn't finish and can't edit [emoji38]

We had to move some stuff around in the sunroom freezers to make room for four frames of honey from the beehives (we freeze them overnight before harvesting the honey to kill any nasties), so I took out a couple things for dinner.

I'm using a pound of bulk Italian sausage to make my lasagna sauce and I'm thawing some risotto balls I froze a few weeks ago. So we'll have those, along with fried polenta, salad from the garden and homemade bread. Can't wait :yum:

I am making my first gluten/grain/tomato free lasagne with zucchini noodles and kind of a stroganoff meat sauce. No recipe, just making it up as I go along!

Shoot. Got interrupted, didn't finish and can't edit [emoji38]

We had to move some stuff around in the sunroom freezers to make room for four frames of honey from the beehives (we freeze them overnight before harvesting the honey to kill any nasties), so I took out a couple things for dinner.

I'm using a pound of bulk Italian sausage to make my lasagna sauce and I'm thawing some risotto balls I froze a few weeks ago. So we'll have those, along with fried polenta, salad from the garden and homemade bread. Can't wait :yum:

LOL. Your interrupted post had me wondering what you might be smoking.

You do realize that after eating that dinner, you are going to be hungry again if five or six days, right? :D

CD

Last edited:
I am making my first gluten/grain/tomato free lasagne with zucchini noodles and kind of a stroganoff meat sauce. No recipe, just making it up as I go along!

Kind of sounds like a lasagna-free lasagna. But, as long as it tastes good...

CD

Kind of sounds like a lasagna-free lasagna. But, as long as it tastes good...

CD

It's got ricotta, mozzarella and the zucchini is sliced thin lengthwise to become the "zoodles"! I will try and remember to take pictures.

In our house the only way we can have some classic foods is to be creative. Between TB (hubby) and I, we have so many food allergies/intolerances it's tricky.

Last edited:
I dug a boneless chuck roast out of the depths of the freezer (I won't tell you how old it is). A delicious pot roast with carrots, onions, mushrooms and gravy will be ready shortly to go over mashed potatoes.

I made a London Broil pot roast in the crockpot with some potatoes and carrots. I seared it in the cast iron skillet with some EVOO/salt/pepper rubbed on it -- then put it in the crockpot. I put a half stick of butter, peperoncinis, ranch dressing packet, au jus gravy packet on top. I made Mississippi Pot Roast, albeit not with a Chuck Roast.

London Broil was on sale buy one/get one free -- not Chuck Roast. Chuck Roast is never on sale at Big Bird (Giant Eagle).

Last edited:
Shrimp and sausage paella, rosemary and olive oil dutch oven bread, green salad. Any Spaniard would tell you that my paella is an abomination and does not deserve to be called paella, but we're getting old and have to keep things in check. It's much, much lighter than the paella we had in Spain.

Meatball pizza...

img_1500717_0_e537aa4d1a9147fe0b8bd71fb9a06790.jpg

Oscar night for me is what the Super Bowl is to others. I freely admit to loving the gowns and movie hoopla of Hollyweird. I really miss the old days when my movie going girl friends would throw a big party at someone's house to share eats and watch them together. We'll think of each other tonight and meet up for lunch on Tues. to discuss the evening. The seven "Tues lunch bunch ladies" have been meeting for over 40 yrs. and I love them like sisters.
Anyway, dinner here will be in front of the TV. Pork chops and salad will be a quick cook.

Back
Top Bottom