Sunday, July 15th dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a pinappley smelling, golden brown pineapple with equal sized eyes from top to bottom whose leaf pulled out easily. I'm going to slice and grill it (after I rinse it) along with a ham steak.

But did it TASTE like a pineapple? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fried five spice/sesame duck breast finished in the oven with a scallop & prawn skewer.inspired by buckytoms surf & turf the other day.see tom,i do pay attention mate!!got the duck spot on for once...nice & pink!!

Attachments

• DUCK  & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 001.JPG
    DUCK & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 001.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 137
  • DUCK  & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 002.JPG
    DUCK & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 002.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DUCK  & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 003.JPG
    DUCK & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 003.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 149
  • DUCK  & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 005.JPG
    DUCK & SEAFOOD SKEWERS 005.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 135
Not sure what it'll be here. Blew my carb allotment on lunch with french toast. DH is leaving this evening for a week in DC. I may just do some wings or make an open faced sandwich. I do have some leftovers that could work.

we are having a small gathering. to celebrate several birthdays. me and my daughter. so my daughter is bringing one of those giant submarine sandwiches.

i made a boston cream pie cake. ice cream and good talk.

Finally home from vacation after two weeks, and of course, nothing in the fridge. I may head out for some seafood, or, to make it easy, ground beef for burgers, and get some salad fixings. Did get five cucumbers and two roma tomatoes out of the garden, yay! :clap:

Andy: when you can pull out the leaves on top of the pineapple easily, isn't that a sign that it's rotting? I mean beyond overly ripe?

A blonde chick on food network taught me that.

fried five spice/sesame duck breast finished in the oven with a scallop & prawn skewer.inspired by buckytoms surf & turf the other day.see tom,i do pay attention mate!!got the duck spot on for once...nice & pink!!

That all looks amazing Harry...well done!

Finally home from vacation after two weeks, and of course, nothing in the fridge. I may head out for some seafood, or, to make it easy, ground beef for burgers, and get some salad fixings. Did get five cucumbers and two roma tomatoes out of the garden, yay! :clap:

Welcome back GG :)

Chicken Sauce Piquant......
Rice.......
String Bean Casserole.......
Fried Green Tomatoes.....(just because I love them!!)
Slices of Vidalia onion, cucumber, ripe tomato, pods of Cayenne pepper, and B&B pickles.
Fresh Peach Cobbler of D-Zert

Supper tonight will be very light........if anything

Going for linguine in gorganzola sauce, with peppercorn crusted, sirloin medallions, and a few green beans I picked up at the local stand. Still a little full from a late lunch, so it may not happen. I'll post pics if it does..

Checking out this thread is making me hungry, though. Everybody's looks and sounds great!!

I'm trying to make saturday home made pizza day, but yesterday we had roast beef leftovers that had to be eaten.
SO, pizza today!
This is how Norwegians make home made pizza:

All the filling with the sauce makes a stew of deliciousness!
img_1161361_0_b10f88594ea653bb1118fde13e054f8f.jpg

Cheese ontop with LOADS of oregano. Can't have pizza without oregano!
(The bacon was just because I had some left over in the fridge)
img_1161361_1_af564f2d3fa17bf1fad76c1c74c52328.jpg

Has to be nice and dark on top! Namnam!
img_1161361_2_a6c2ffca4fcc1530bef057e29e1d54d1.jpg

well, i didn't get any cooking or smoking done today. house hunting was a bust (unless someone can lend me a million or so), but we did get to go out to our davourite polynesian restaurant, lee's hawaiian islander.

we had wor wonton soups, chicken and chinese veggies, beef and broccoli, and spicy hunan beef and mushrooms.

good stuff, and i'm stuffed. :pig:

I didn't have any celery so the salad will have to wait. So our supper changed to steak, cottage cheese, and peas. :yum:

Harry, your duck breast looks perfectly done. Great looking skewered seafood, too. Bolledeig, wonderful looking pizza!

I'm just going to have an omelette this evening. I've chopped a little ham, red bell pepper and some onion, shredded a little cheese, and will call that good.

Tasty sounding dinners, everyone! :)

Back
Top Bottom