Sunday, July 15th dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
ok, i was late with saturday, but sundays were made for cooking, so i'm starting the thread while everyone (except for the western most reaches) is on the calendar as sunday.

since it's supposed to be a rainy day, dw wants to go house hunting., but i was hoping to stay home to get some work done, and if so i have 2 things i can cook. i'm either going to make veal and peppers, or i may fire up the smoker with hickory and recently cut apple branches and smoke a pastrami, some turkey legs, and i was thinking about trying my hand at smoking trout.

what are you cooking today, from perth to portland; from adelaide to alyeska?

Last edited:
Well it may be still Saturday way up here on the Canadian West Coast, but since I will be making Saturday night's dinner because we never got to it, I will tell you now!

We are going to have some beautiful striploins on the grill with new potatoes, onions and mushrooms done in our grill basket and some asparagus rapped in prosciutto and grilled.

I am making a big pitcher of watermelon & strawberry lemonade and we still have some gluten free brownies left for dessert!:)

lp, what are strip loins? (hubba hubba, sounds like an action before whoopie makin')

are they beef, like a ny strip steak?

lp, what are strip loins? (hubba hubba, sounds like an action before whoopie makin')

Trust you to turn my romantic dinner sleazy Bucky T :mad::LOL::LOL:

Yes, I guess it is like a NY Strip. They have just been call Strip Loin here but I can see that it can be a punch line....specially since I accidentally omitted the word steak ;)

It was my Dad's favourite steak.

ok, i was late with saturday, but sundays were made for cooking, so i'm starting the thread while everyone (except for the western most reaches) is on the calendar as sunday.

since it's supposed to be a rainy day, dw wants to go house hunting., but i was hoping to stay home to get some work done, and if so i have 2 things i can cook. i'm either going to make veal and peppers, or i may fire up the smoker with hickory and recently cut apple branches and smoke a pastrami, some turkey legs, and i was thinking about trying my hand at smoking trout.

what are you cooking today, from perth to portland; from adelaide to alyeska?

Funny you say that Tom, as I am from Adelaide :)

Smoked trout sounds scrumptious, I would go with that ;)

Sex is only dirty if you do it in the mud.:mrgreen:
saturday night is curry night at the pub so went out with me mates.they also had a couple of guest ipa's on tap & some new dancers.can't possibly tell you what i had for breakfast & certainly couldn't post the pictures....:ohmy:;)!
could you come house huntin' over here tom,could do with the sales:rolleyes:!!

It's going to be hot here, again. So--I've got hummus, pitas (both homemade), chicken sausage patties (again homemade with kale mixed in--can I eat any healthier--oh, I have quinoa beverage in the fridge) for the grill, Swiss Chard, Kale, Lettuce, beans, peas, oninons, hmmm...kohlrabi from the garden. Gonna have to do s/thing with those.

I have been wanting to try Faux Potato Salad (with cauliflower), and when I saw how much kitchenelf liked hers a couple weeks ago, I became even more determined to try it. So I may make a batch of it after church* and for supper we can have it with hot dogs.

*LOL! I haven't gone to bed yet, so at first I wrote "after church tomorrow." Then I realized it is "tomorrow!"

saturday night is curry night at the pub so went out with me mates.they also had a couple of guest ipa's on tap & some new dancers.can't possibly tell you what i had for breakfast & certainly couldn't post the pictures....:ohmy:;)!
could you come house huntin' over here tom,could do with the sales:rolleyes:!!

Round Canal Street again Flageolet? Can't blame you, marvellous gay bars.

Bucky your Sunday feast sounds interesting, smoking trout though, I have a picture of you with a big fish sticking out of your gob.

Today its a Roast Chicken dinner day. I made another Not Key Lime Pie too and decorated it with swirls of cream this time, hark at me!! Fancy!!

Round Canal Street again Flageolet? Can't blame you, marvellous gay bars.

Bucky your Sunday feast sounds interesting, smoking trout though, I have a picture of you with a big fish sticking out of your gob.

Today its a Roast Chicken dinner day. I made another Not Key Lime Pie too and decorated it with swirls of cream this time, hark at me!! Fancy!!
canal street? the village? gay bars? are they really:ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:!! hunny chil' it's ALL gay!! great night out & cheek by jowl with chinatown too:yum:!
trouble is you meet the lady of your dreams,wake up in the morning & she's gotta beard:ohmy:!only one queen on this site your majesticnous!
no,it was my local wetherspoons:cool:!

Harry´s Grilled Fresh Swordfish ... and a simple Italian Green Salad ... a glass of Prosecco ... View of the Adriatic ... The Vet and I shall Skye ... He is in Argentina, and it is winter time there ...

From Puglia,
Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.

Sex is only dirty if you do it in the mud.:mrgreen:
Whoa--I seemed to have missed this whole conversation....mud--you'd need rain for that--I'm living in a level 2 drought zone...hmmm...grey water, make the chickens clear a spot in the backyard...dump the grey water from the dishwasher there--twist the DH's arm, hog tie him and drag him outside and then convince him this would be fun---not gonna happen here.:LOL::LOL: I'd be so exhausted and sweaty--not fun. Unless pigs start flying?

I bought a pinappley smelling, golden brown pineapple with equal sized eyes from top to bottom whose leaf pulled out easily. I'm going to slice and grill it (after I rinse it) along with a ham steak.

Back
Top Bottom