"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Master Chef

Sunday Lunch/Dinner 28th of August

This time of the month is always clear the freezer time so I've taken out some tenderized steaks that I still have left. Might cut them into strips and do a pasta dish.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm with you on that, Snip. I had finally cleaned up my freezer so I started adding leftovers of good dishes.

Well, of course, it's full again, so I'm going to take the most of a week off from cooking and have myself a few yummy saved dinners.

Tonight will be a nice huge chunk of http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...BluQWw&cad=rja

(Hamburger Onion Pie)

This recipe must be my all time favorite. It was the first recipe (at 13 y/o) I ever followed and is still my favorite.

There are other good meals in there I will enjoy too,

Then there is the hamburger/sausage taco meat mix I had yesterday. I made some stuffed in crispy shell tacos for dinner last night, but have a huge container of the meat mixture left, so I'm thinking a tamale pie type casserole, so I guess I won't be just working on the freezer exclusively.

I hate it, in a way, to get to this point, but loving to cook must be curbed at times when you live alone.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm with you on that, Snip. I had finally cleaned up my freezer so I started adding leftovers of good dishes.

Well, of course, it's full again, so I'm going to take the most of a week off from cooking and have myself a few yummy saved dinners.

Tonight will be a nice huge chunk of http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...BluQWw&cad=rja

This one must be my all time favorite. It was the first recipe (at 13 y/o) I ever followed and is still my favorite.

There are other good meals in there I will enjoy too,

Then there is the hamburger/sausage taco meat mix I had yesterday. I made some stuffed in crispy shell tacos for dinner last night, but have a huge container of the meat mixture left, so I'm thinking a tamale pie type casserole, so I guess I won't be just working on the freezer exclusively.

I hate it, in a way, to get to this point, but loving to cook must be curbed at times when you live alone.
That hamburger pie looks very good :)
In my house it's more of a beginning of the month (lots of nice choices), middle of the month (it will do) and end of the month (what on earth can I make out of this) kinda thing

Old 08-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Master Chef

Decided to leave the steaks whole and make prego rolls with fried egg on top :) and I found tomatoes!!!!! Yippee

Old 08-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I had tomatoes on the Western sandwiches that I just ate. Not sure about tonight's fare yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Head Chef

I just finished dicing 10lbs of onions, 10 lbs of carrots, and 10 lbs of celery. My fingers are wrinkled and I stink like onions, but I'm going to make a massive batch of THIS tomorrow. I've made it before and I absolutely LOVE that you can add whatever to it when you thaw.

I'm gearing up for the school year (fiance is a teacher) for easy lunches.

I am going to work on multiple batches of blueberry muffins, and raspberry muffins.

I won't be having the soup for dinner, but I will be likely having some take out sushi with a greek dish, of peas, carrots, potatoes, dill, olive oil, and lemon
Old 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
Head Chef

Todays lunch - Seafood Gumbo

Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Eeeek! Gray foam emanating from my pot and all over my stove! Thought I had split peas and was gonna make some crock pot soup with a meaty ham bone. No dried peas, so I did the quick cook with pinto and black beans. Will leave them alone off heat, hopefully they will have calmed down.

Have the ham bone, prechopped carrots, onion, celery, really good chicken stock in the cp.

Fried rice tonight, I guess.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

since i haven't actually eaten what i have posted lately, i am hesitant to say. still need to use rib steak. probably last day for it, so will see.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Certified Cake Maniac

We are going here for dinner with my Dad and sister to celebrate DH's birthday. There are so many great things on the menu but I will probably have my usual fish and chips.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote