Sunday, March 9th, your menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep saying I don't like chicken on the bone (referring to legs, thighs, breasts) and TB always starts laughing and asks me what is my favourite part of the chicken....to which I say of course, "wings". :LOL:

TB called and is having problems driving so has booked off work and when he feels safe he will call me to say he is heading to the depot. My friend and I will go in my van to pick him and his car up. So, I will be figuring out something here depending on how he feels. I am a little upset because he is at the hospital (his last drop off before his lunch break) but won't go get checked out. He always makes me go! :ermm:

Pull up, take the keys out of the ignition and sit waiting for him to go get checked. I often threaten Shrek with smacking him with a brick and then calling the ambulance, he knows when I say that, he has to go.

39817-albums371-picture5862.jpg
Monster Calzone

Last edited:
Stirling just ordered Indian food. It should arrive in a little under an hour. We're making brown basmati rice to go with that.

Great idea to tuck asparagus surprises inside the calzones !!

I made almost perfect looking huevos rancheros. Much too complicated to make for breakfast. Defrosted home made refried beans. Sunny side eggs ( I usually flip 'em to make sure the whites are cooked all the way through, ) tucked the platter under the broiler to melt some shredded cheddar surrounding the yolks, with a ribbon of Herdez Salsa surrounding the eggs to also heat. Bacon and avocado smiles on the side. Extra beans and hot buttered corn tortillas for dipping too.

Once again, I think I'm heading to S&P's. Calzones look great!

I cooked up some bits and pieces, Tater Tots and other potato wedges, and some pre-cooked bacon. The satellite guy kinda did me in this morning. Wait, that didn't sound right....

Great idea to tuck asparagus surprises inside the calzones !!

I made almost perfect looking huevos rancheros. Much too complicated to make for breakfast. Defrosted home made refried beans. Sunny side eggs ( I usually flip 'em to make sure the whites are cooked all the way through, ) tucked the platter under the broiler to melt some shredded cheddar surrounding the yolks, with a ribbon of Herdez Salsa surrounding the eggs to also heat. Bacon and avocado smiles on the side. Extra beans and hot buttered corn tortillas for dipping too.

They ARE too fiddly for a morning breakfast. I like them best for dinner.

Once again, I think I'm heading to S&P's. Calzones look great!

I cooked up some bits and pieces, Tater Tots and other potato wedges, and some pre-cooked bacon. The satellite guy kinda did me in this morning. Wait, that didn't sound right....

Not unless DH works for the satellite TV company...

hmmm, the Hollandaise sauce needs work. I probably didn't make enough for the FP, but I don't have a traditional blender I can drizzle in melted butter while blending. It was runny. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Attachments

• Steak Oscar.jpg
    Steak Oscar.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 143
hmmm, the Hollandaise sauce needs work. I probably didn't make enough for the FP, but I don't have a traditional blender I can drizzle in melted butter while blending. It was runny. Oh well. Better luck next time.
It still looks yummy.

Have you got an immersion blender?

It still looks yummy.

Have you got an immersion blender?

Thanks. It was good. I just didn't have that nice thick sauce draped over everything. A little bummed about that.
I do have an emersion blender. Now that you mention it I should have used it with a bowl.

..Sunny side eggs ( I usually flip 'em to make sure the whites are cooked all the way through, )....
I get the whites cooked through without flipping. My sunny side up eggs turn out perfect every time...if I say so myself. :LOL: Just assemble your egg(s), a snug-fitting lid for the pan, and a cup or glass with ice and water. Get the pan screaming hot, plop your pat of butter in it. When it melts, slide the egg into the pan, dribble icy cold water down the inside edge of the pan so it doesn't pool on top of the egg, then put the lid on quickly. Turn the heat down just a bit (about half-full) and give it about a minute. When you lift the lid (I actually use a glass one so I can see the egg) the white should be done but the yolk is still dark yellow-orange and not showing signs of hardening. Voila!

My great aunt used to run a luncheonette with her husband. She could do this on a griddle. I use a small frypan.

I grilled some very nice ribeye steaks and we had these with polenta with bacon and steamed broccoli with melted Velveeta cheese upon it.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom