Sunday, May 8 - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork Diane with penne pasta and a green salad. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter stirred into plain Greek Yogurt with fresh Strawberries...it sounds good!

Whoah. Dark chocolate almond butter.

Gimme !! lol

Did you buy it or make it?

I found it in the store yesterday...it's made by Maranatha. Today I'm going to see if there is cashew butter at The Good Food Store. Since I can't chew nuts anymore...have to get my good cholesterol somehow!

Still trying to figure out what to serve Dad, and just found out DH will be home for dinner.

For me it is an Avocado, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Salad with a creamy lemon dressing. Hey this "un-diet" isn't too bad! It is mainly about getting the right nutrients and filling up on less than it is on calorie or carbohydrate counting.

When I was pregnant I followed the dietician's recommendations and ate all the servings of veg, fruit, protein, etc. that are in Canada's food guide. I was so full I didn't have room for any chocolate, potato chips, etc. I kept losing weight (I was overweight, so I was pleased) and getting the lecture from the doctor about eating properly and not "dieting" while pregnant. :LOL:

I was on total bed rest, so the weight loss wasn't from exercise.

We did Cracker Barrel for brunch. So dinner will be later. I still haven't broken down that whole pork loin. Expiration date is May 20 so I am not concerned yet. I picked up some country ham steaks from CB so maybe ham, mashed taters and fresh steamed spinach for dinner. I LOVE CB country ham!! Just the right smoke and salt for me. Quick easy dinner cooked in about 1/2 hour!!

When I was pregnant I followed the dietician's recommendations and ate all the servings of veg, fruit, protein, etc. that are in Canada's food guide. I was so full I didn't have room for any chocolate, potato chips, etc. I kept losing weight (I was overweight, so I was pleased) and getting the lecture from the doctor about eating properly and not "dieting" while pregnant. :LOL:

Same here!! But I also had the problem of keeping the food down :( The morning sickness went away about 5 minutes after I gave birth! BOTH TIMES! LOL

Thanks, TL. Because I am "in training" (never thought that would come out of my mouth), I am basically trying a similar thing - Eating to nourish my body. Using the Food Guide is a great idea! I say this while eating my procuitto, lettuce, Swiss and tomato sandwich on potato flax bread (gluten free)! I have a copy of the Food Guide with Dad's stuff so I will dig it out!

When I was pregnant I followed the dietician's recommendations and ate all the servings of veg, fruit, protein, etc. that are in Canada's food guide. I was so full I didn't have room for any chocolate, potato chips, etc. .

I went through something similar last year. I wanted to drop a few pounds so I really stuck to the food guide and did it with 5 meals a day. I felt like I was always eating. But, sure enough, I dropped 15 lbs in about two months.

Ham. And ham. From DH's employer, we get one free each Easter. Just came out of the oven, mmmm.

Busy gardening, but looking forward to pea, bean, and whatever soup with ham bone. Thawed and ate some pea soup from last ham bone, it was outstanding.

Saw where roasting the ham bone really adds flavor, will try that!

Oven roasted root vegetables, and Romaine lettuce Caesar salad. Sugar free/low fat chocolate pie for dessert.

Hot chicken wings, Spanish rice, and a big salad. Our moms are far away (mine in Florida, husband's in heaven) and I'm not a mother, so nothing special.

zuppa (clams in a redsauce, delicious! the clams were spot-on & the sauce was zesty w/ a subtle hint of spice to it, w/ plenty of healthy chunks of tomato. so that & some bread for sopping.
my Mom & me shared a crabcake for the appy. she ordered a pittsburgh salad w/ chix on it & a cup of clam chowder.

Attachments

• downsized_0508111455.jpg
    downsized_0508111455.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 178
  • downsized_0508111456.jpg
    downsized_0508111456.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 172
Your mom is as pretty as you are. Hope you both had a great time.
kades:)

Your mom is as pretty as you are. Hope you both had a great time.
kades:)

awwww, thanks, kades! you're a dear. the afternoon was lovely. we got a late lunch, kinda browsed through the stript district & went to this other section of the city i used to live in, chit-chatted.
here's to your having a lovely Mother's Day~:flowers:

Pan fried Cracker Barrel country ham, steamed fresh spinach and mashed skins on red and Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream, and buttermilk, ground sea salt & ground peppercorns).

img_997497_0_b3784f67619f9c1345d0b89447563ea6.jpg

We have some rib eye steaks that are ready for the grill. Baked potatoes in the oven and the green salad is made. This Mom's idea of a perfect easy dinner.

Happy mother's day to all.......

I made swiss steak using cube steaks, mashed potatoes and green beans as the sides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom