Sunday night dinner 7-23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
already started

LEFSElover said:
started one earlier too:cool:
please give me some ideas. I have every meat in the freezer plus a variety of veggies. Last night, with ribs, the night before English style deep fried cod, it's up to the posters what will end up on my table for the man and myself.
Good Sunday to you.

I've decided to do hubby's favorite dinner. it's easy, so stupidly easy, but it's something he really loves.
hamburger patty with lettuce. that's it.
no dressing on the lettuce, no bun or condiments.

Last edited:
hot roast beef sandwiches

on italian bread, with gravy and provolone cheese. Served with roasted potatoes and sliced jersey tomatoes.

Ginger beer with a lime.

Have a slice of blueberry pie for dessert.

I made Baked Chicken that I brushed with EVOO infused with garlic. I sprinkled on fresh chopped rosemary and thyme, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and then dipped my fingers in lemon juice and flicked the juice onto the chicken.

On the side we had:

-Roasted small red potatoes that I also coated with the EVOO that I infused with garlic, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and freshly chopped rosemary. We like to dip these in sour cream, that I add chopped chives to, when were eating them.

-Buttered/Salted frozen corn......the fresh around here isn't quite ready.

-Cucumbers that we dipped in a poppy seed dressing

-Fresh tomatoes

-Bread and Butter Pickles

-Lemonade

I'll make a fusilli with pesto.
Red wine and cold sparkling water.
Leftover berry crumble for dessert.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Tonight I sauteed a couple of pounded floured chicken breasts in extra-virgin olive oil, & then sauced them with the pan drippings mixed with some fresh lemon juice & white wine cooked down a little bit.

Served them with Swiss Chard sauteed in some extra-virgin olive oil & Trader Joe's Garlic-Infused olive oil, along with a handful of pine nuts, salt, & a dash of crushed red pepper flakes.

Leftpver spaghetti. I spent the evening clearing all perishables that would not last two weeks iout of the fridge. I am taking a big bag of veggies to a friend of mine at work. Tomorrow, I am leaving for North Dakota on a fire assignment as a support dispatcher.

spinach, chorizo, and light swiss cheese "dip" with polish rye for an appy.

spicy turkey sausage, peppers and onions in sauce for the entree.

Yesterday ( 23rd here!) was my birthday and we ate out for lunch but for dinner I prepared apple marinated pork steaks, then panfried them, deglazed the pan with calvados, added some of our gorgeous ' 6 kilo's of apples in every bottle' apple syrup, some grain mustard and cream. Cooked down a little, and served with plain old mashed spuds, steamed broccoli with lemon butter, parsleyed carrots and a baked kumara cos' I love em'!!
For dessert we had backup nougat semifreddo with some warmed manuka honey, from a function we catered day before. I eat a LOT of nougat semifreddo.:rolleyes: lolol. I think I always get more than we need prepared just so I can get to have some.:chef: Im sure a pyschologist could have much fun with that penchant of mine.

2 bowls of turkey noodle soup at work:( , a salad of baby field greens with sweet red bell pepper, red onion, tomato, shredded white summer turnip, and snow crab topped with a basil vinegrette with extra balsamic vinegar when I got home.:) When you are the evening cook, there is not much time for a real dinner.

busy day

Took one of my daughters to camp in the morning took forever to
get through all the lines for registration. After that we cleaned all
day, we are having out of town guest stay with us tonight.

So we had salad and frozen T.V. dinners.

not really good

Frozen T.V. Dinners - what a blast from the past!!! I can't remember the last time I had one.

Although we didn't have them often, as kids growing up on L.I., NY, my dad - who commuted 2 hours each way from Manhattan - was frequently very late getting home from work, & mom would, once in awhile, give us TV dinners - which, of course, my brother & I, like all kids, LOVED. To us it was a special treat. We loved all the little compartments - especially in the turkey ones - turkey & stuffing, peas, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce - even a tiny dessert!!

However, after I visited the NY World's Fair & was introduced to Mexican food - only Mexican TV dinners would do for me after that - lol!!! A couple of meagre enchiladas, refried beans, & spanish rice, & I was in heaven!!!

corazon90 said:
Happy Birthday! You share a birthday with my son. He turned 3.
We had steak and homemade mac & cheese. I made raspberry ice cream & chocolate birthday cake for dessert.
Hope Aiden had a wonderful birthday ..Sorry I didn't get a chance to wish him a special day sooner.

kadesma:)

BreezyCooking said:
Frozen T.V. Dinners - what a blast from the past!!! I can't remember the last time I had one.

Although we didn't have them often, as kids growing up on L.I., NY, my dad - who commuted 2 hours each way from Manhattan - was frequently very late getting home from work, & mom would, once in awhile, give us TV dinners - which, of course, my brother & I, like all kids, LOVED. To us it was a special treat. We loved all the little compartments - especially in the turkey ones - turkey & stuffing, peas, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce - even a tiny dessert!!

However, after I visited the NY World's Fair & was introduced to Mexican food - only Mexican TV dinners would do for me after that - lol!!! A couple of meagre enchiladas, refried beans, & spanish rice, & I was in heaven!!!

Yes my other two daughters loved them one had chicken fried steak,
and the other a chicken pot pie, me too on the pot pie, hubby had
a meat trio pizza.

My daughter at camp will not feel left out she says the food is wonderful
there.

We had grilled chicken quesadillas with cheese, homemade tortillas, sour cream, salsa, tomatos, and lettuce. Good stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom