"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
Executive Chef

We have had roast lamb served with roast potatoes, roast carrots, broad beans, broccoli and gravy.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Iranian Cuisine

Hi David,
A good friend of mine is Iranian. They have rice at every meal! She soaks her rice overnight before cooking it and after it comes to a boil, she puts a cuptowel (folded over 2-3 times) under the lid and fold the edges of the cuptowel over the top of the lid. I asked her why and she just shrugged - that's the way her mom does it. I figured maybe it keeps the rice from boiling over (like mine....). She makes a delicious rice that my son loves. She mixes in lima beans and lots of dill. There are not too many limas, but the dill turns the rice light green. She also stews chicken thighs with onions, and broth and serves that over rice. Another thing I've seen her do is make a mixture of parsley, cilantro, and green onion (about three cups!) and she sautes that and then adds chicken and broth and serves that over rice.
She is a wonderful cook.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
Head Chef

Thanks Beloved, Apologies to the thread starter, Angie I think. This should get me started and if I have more questions I should start a bit of a thread. Thanks Again!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I'm gonna have a big plate of mashed potatoes. I'm gonna mix in some bacon, sour cream and shredded cheddar. Yum, it will be tasty.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

We had leftover grilled chicken legs, mac & cheese, and marinated veggies from our weekend in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. Thanks for all the good wishes It was a great weekend, although it was a bit warmer than we expected - mid to upper 80s. So Saturday afternoon we napped and read till it was time to grill dinner, then go on a twilight hike with a park ranger. I'll have more on my Web site later.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #16
Executive Chef

We had halibut with a frizzled prosciutto topping on a bed of swiss chard, baked Sweet Dumpling squash, one had fried potatoes, the other angel hair pasta with a bit of oil and fresh herbs. It was good!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #17
Master Chef

We grilled turkey burgers outdoors last night & enjoyed them with all the usual toppings/trimmings, along with a nice green salad.