Sunday night dinner, Sept 23rd.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I won't be having dinner tonight, starting work at 10 pm won't give me any time for it after my commute.
DH will have well labeled reruns from last night.
Bought an electric meat slicer yesterday at a yard sale for $8. Brought it home washed and set it up, got DH to assemble it then put it to work on three frozen roasts. Turkey tenderloin, tri tip and pork tenderloin. Man is that ever a wonderful invention. So he's got plenty of meats to last him until I get home.

Happy Sunday to you all......

its a beautiful day here in SE VA .. so mushroom tops stuffed
with crab .. smoked baby back ribs .. potato salad .. tomato, cucumber
and onions marinated in italian type dressing .. corn on the cob ..
some kind of dessert .. and plenty of beer and football ...

its a beautiful day here in SE VA .. so mushroom tops stuffed
with crab .. smoked baby back ribs .. potato salad .. tomato, cucumber
and onions marinated in italian type dressing .. corn on the cob ..
some kind of dessert .. and plenty of beer and football ...
Looks like I'll be eating dinner after all:LOL:;):LOL:

Tonight will be left over grilled pork tenderloin hoagies w/ swiss cheese/ onions , sweet corn, radishes, olives and tomatoes.

I think I shall try some Iranian rice, plain rice recipe shared by a young man (30) who somehow stumbled onto me while looking for an email pal. I asked him about the food - rice for example. Tried to keep it simple because his English is quite labored shall we say and my understanding of his language not even existing. Simple instructions but a twist. Let's see how it turns out for me!

I am officially tired of grilling, so tonight we are having chicken divan and a greek salad.

Iranian Rice for Supper

I think I shall try some Iranian rice, plain rice recipe shared by a young man (30) who somehow stumbled onto me while looking for an email pal. I asked him about the food - rice for example. Tried to keep it simple because his English is quite labored shall we say and my understanding of his language not even existing. Simple instructions but a twist. Let's see how it turns out for me!

Well now, the rice turned out very well indeed, at least to my uneducated palet. Anyone know about Iranian cusine - what might one have with steamed rice? Suggestions? :rolleyes:

Iranian Cuisine

Hi David,
A good friend of mine is Iranian. They have rice at every meal! She soaks her rice overnight before cooking it and after it comes to a boil, she puts a cuptowel (folded over 2-3 times) under the lid and fold the edges of the cuptowel over the top of the lid. I asked her why and she just shrugged - that's the way her mom does it. I figured maybe it keeps the rice from boiling over (like mine....). She makes a delicious rice that my son loves. She mixes in lima beans and lots of dill. There are not too many limas, but the dill turns the rice light green. She also stews chicken thighs with onions, and broth and serves that over rice. Another thing I've seen her do is make a mixture of parsley, cilantro, and green onion (about three cups!) and she sautes that and then adds chicken and broth and serves that over rice.
She is a wonderful cook. :chef:

Thanks Beloved, Apologies to the thread starter, Angie I think. This should get me started and if I have more questions I should start a bit of a thread. Thanks Again!

We had leftover grilled chicken legs, mac & cheese, and marinated veggies from our weekend in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. Thanks for all the good wishes :) It was a great weekend, although it was a bit warmer than we expected - mid to upper 80s. So Saturday afternoon we napped and read till it was time to grill dinner, then go on a twilight hike with a park ranger. I'll have more on my Web site later.

We had halibut with a frizzled prosciutto topping on a bed of swiss chard, baked Sweet Dumpling squash, one had fried potatoes, the other angel hair pasta with a bit of oil and fresh herbs. It was good!

We grilled turkey burgers outdoors last night & enjoyed them with all the usual toppings/trimmings, along with a nice green salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom