"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #11
Senior Cook
We had a great lunch; one of Suzanne Goin's 50-step salads, this one was corn, avocado, squash with watercress. Then we had Linguine with Clam Sauce, Anne Burell's recipe. It was delicious!

There was no way we could top lunch, so for dinner we had In N Out. LOL.

Overall, a good foodie day!

Kathy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:48 AM   #12
Master Chef
Nearly a year after asking Dawg for her recipe, I got around to making a pot of Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup. It was good, but very different from what I usually make when using cauliflower or broccoli. I think I didn't use enough broccoli? It seemed...thin. Maybe it's because most of my similar soups also use a thickener. Or maybe it was the beer...for some reason I kept burping the rest of the evening. Then again, maybe it wasn't the soup at all...we were eating it during the debate.

Thanks for posting the recipe anyway, Dawg! I'll try it again, but probably reduce the liquids so I don't have to increase the broccoli. And add more cheese...just because.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:18 AM   #13
Head Chef
We each made our own pots of chili with spaghetti for Craig, rice for me.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #14
Senior Cook
Ours was fresh made minestrone with ciabatta and grated Parmesan, Veal casserole with peas and potatoes - an old favourite of my OH's, and a huge favourite all over Italy, and then ice cream made by the chef at the village pizzeria. Decidedly good it was, too: Blackberry, water melon, pistachio, vanilla and chocolate, all to die for. I can't make ice cream, but who cares, when the village pizzeria makes such delicious stuff. Their pastries are very good too. Your creations look good. Puts me in the mood to have a go at some of those recipes, as I'm forever doing Italian, So bring the recipes on!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

di reston is offline   Reply With Quote