Sunday Sept 4 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every one else had lovely pulled pork, I manage to eat thicken strawberry soup.

Hope you get over your germy bug soon, CakePoet.

Happy Anniversary to you K-Girl, and your Mr. K. Wishing you many more - and a celebratory dinner out later this week.

Lots of good looking and sounding dinners tonight. Ours was simple, but yummy. Himself and his 'scope were out at the dairy farm field again, so I made salads (so I could eat mine right away) and a pot of quickie chili from cans of beans and tomato, chili spices and blends. Didn't bother with any toppings, but did have lots of "oyster crackers" to toss on my spoonful here and there. A bit of Graeter's Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream for dessert. More out of pity for the taste buds than because we needed dessert. :D

James....good to see you. I'd love to have a wood fired pizza oven but for now, I'll live vicariously through yours. Looks wonderful!

Thank you! I have been wanting one for about a year, finally bought one.

Oh my gosh! James, I want that kettle pizza!

Thank you! Still learning how to use it but it does make really good pizza.

Of course I meant bok choy in my earlier post.

37240-albums1041-picture6666.jpg

Thank you! I have been wanting one for about a year, finally bought one.

Thank you! Still learning how to use it but it does make really good pizza.

I bought mine about 5 years ago. I stopped using it because it was dangerous to add fuel, besides requiring 2 people. When the new version, like yours, came out, they offered a retro kit with the tombstone design. Now its very safe to use. They do a great job in place of a $2000.00 to (?), wood burning, pizza oven.

Last edited:
I bought mine about 5 years ago. I stopped using it because it was dangerous to add fuel, besides requiring 2 people. When the new version, like yours, came out, they offered a retro kit with the tombstone design. Now its very safe to use. They do a great job in place of a $2000.00 to (?), wood burning, pizza oven.

It is amazing how fast this thing will burn up wood chunks. If cooking more than 2 pizzas you need to plan on adding more wood. The tombstone is great but also the baking steel is also a must have. It radiates heat down on the top of the pizza way and makes adding fuel even easier / safer.

So in total for grill and everything it's about $550. And it does not take up a lot of space when not in use. But at sometime in the future I might do a real pizza oven but for now this is fine. I am liking the looks and reviews for the pizza party oven. That might be a good in the middle oven for me.

We made wood fired pizzas.

I know I'm going off topic here a bit, but JAMES!!!!
I showed this Kettle Pizza to my husband this morning,
and his first question was,
"Do they make one for a gas grill?"
But of course my love! But you have to buy me that beautiful
3 burner grill that I envy ...
"SOLD!"
:w00t2:
*happy dance*
Plus, I'm ordering King Arthur Flour pizza blend flour
Pizza Flour Blend - 3 lb.
... never tried this either, this should be interesting!

I know I'm going off topic here a bit, but JAMES!!!!
I showed this Kettle Pizza to my husband this morning,
and his first question was,
"Do they make one for a gas grill?"
But of course my love! But you have to buy me that beautiful
3 burner grill that I envy ...
"SOLD!"
:w00t2:
*happy dance*
Plus, I'm ordering King Arthur Flour pizza blend flour
Pizza Flour Blend - 3 lb.
... never tried this either, this should be interesting!

Do not blame me when you get addicted to cooking your own pizza! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KA pizza flour is supposed to be good but I do like KA bread flour. I the video from this cook should be up in the next two weeks.

Do not blame me when you get addicted to cooking your own pizza! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KA pizza flour is supposed to be good but I do like KA bread flour. I the video from this cook should be up in the next two weeks.

HA!
I've been making scratch pizza for most of my life with DH (27 years in total)
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/pizza-dont-buy-it-dough/
I use that same dough for stromboli as well ... ooooohhhhh ... stromboli in the Kettle Pizza!

Back
Top Bottom