Sunday Sept 4 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are having burgers on the grill, with cheese, green chile (surprise), garden fresh sliced tomatoes, onions and swiss chard. Along with a cucumber, tomato and mozz cheese salad. A neighbor has been abandoned by his wife in favor of the grandchildren in CO, so he will be joining us.

What are you fixing?

Fall is in the air.

I'm grilling some thighs that have been marinating in in Goya Mojo Criollo (good stuff) with added Sriracha. SousChef is making KFC style cole slaw, and I'll toast up some tater tots for him.

Roasted red pepper hummus with pita, onion dip and chips, mango salsa, grilled pork souvlaki and grilled hoisin and five spice pork kabobs, ranch potato salad, pilaf, salad, Persian lime pie, ice cream sundaes, brownie bites.

Roasted red pepper hummus with pita, onion dip and chips, mango salsa, grilled pork souvlaki and grilled hoisin and five spice pork kabobs, ranch potato salad, pilaf, salad, Persian lime pie, ice cream sundaes, brownie bites.
Looks like you are cooking for a party!

Chinese soup dumplings with cok choy and shitakes. Pics later. Think I'll stick with getting these at a restaurant from now on. Took forever.

Ever since we visited Glenn's daughter and her family in Lexington last month and enjoyed a meal of chile rellenos from one of their local restaurants. Omigosh! I haven't had any that good since I lived in the DC (Washington, that is) area at a wonderful mom-and-pop place. I could've crawled onto my plate and licked it clean.

Okay, still craving this dish so...

I spoke to my good friend, Google, and discovered a recipe form an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that was in Los Angeles.

Since the deer seem to have seen fit to devastate what garden we had, there were a few (quite large) banana peppers and a few ruby-red roma tomatoes, so I decided to make the chili rellenos recipe.

A bit labor intensive, but fabulous. Didn't have any queso fresco so substituted pepper-jack, which was yummy. The sauce was wonderful and I think that was largely because it was made from tomatoes that were picked minutes before they sacrificed themselves to the pan. We were little piggies and devoured all 8 peppers. Iced tea washed it down. No need for anything else or dessert.

Mushroom Swiss burger on the indoor grill, cold and rain today.

img_1478754_0_ac6197763466dff7750a8e7f2b39a53c.jpg

Wow, great sounding dinners all around this evening, as usual. :yum:

Joey...your mushroom swiss burger looks sooo good!

James....good to see you. I'd love to have a wood fired pizza oven but for now, I'll live vicariously through yours. Looks wonderful!

KatieH, I've never made individual chiles rellenos before, only the casserole version. I looked at the link you provided and someday....I'm gonna do it! I love them in a good Mexican restaurant. The recipe you posted sounds good.

This evening's dinner was a grilled tomato and swiss on rye, with a small green salad on the side. I need to use up those beautiful ripe slicing tomatoes I got from the farm stand yesterday. :yum:

Oh my gosh! James, I want that kettle pizza!
S&P, great lookin' burger man
Katie, LOVE chile rellenos!
med, props girlie! I honestly don't think I'd every even think about scratch made soup dumplings, NEVER!
Andy, NICE!
gum, I've made gumbo, but not etouffee
Uncle Bob, nice to see ya, always up for a good sandwich
Rock, could you please post some snap shots for your dishes?
RF, have a good time
K, I wouldn't mind SC's recipe for that cole slaw
Tenspeed, only wish I had my grill, *sigh*
Beth, I'd be willing to wager that your neighbor was a happy man
... so sorry Cheryl I missed you ... you could make that grilled tomato on rye and my husband would follow you around like a puppy, HA!

okay, so for DH and I,
it's our 23rd wedding anniversary and we had big plans!
BUT
all of our new favorite restaurants here in our new community
ARE CLOSED on Sundays and Monday
:(
SO ...
I COOKED:
IMG_2991.JPG
this is my version of Chicken Cacciatore with some of TJ's
Half-baked mini ciabatta and a nice salad
:chef:
We're happy and very full :pig:

Last edited:
Happy 23rd, Kgirl and DH of Kgirl! So sad that your plans fell apart, but your dinner looks good, as does everyone else's!

We just snacked on the maple pulled ham, and bean dip.

Last edited:
They're separate. Yes, mixed together it does sound disgusting...

I'll stick a comma in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom