Sunday, Sunday...Jeet yet? August 18, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I don't see any postings for today's dinner meal. So, I thought I'd begin one.

We're having salmon cooked in browned butter, baked potatoes, green beans from the garden, iced tea and, for dessert, the last of the blueberry pie.

I roasted some of my cherry toms, so probably spaghetti and homegrown green beans. We have some leftover apple crisp too.

Cute title, Katie!

As I said yesterday, I will be fixing the actual Turkey dinner. Stuffing, Turkey drums, mashed taters, gravy, cranberry sauce and ...I was going to do some asparagus, but not at $6 a pound. Green beans will have to do.

A Big Mac, fries, maybe I'll make a corn run and grill some corn, too.

I saw the Sandwhich King show today and he did a cuban sub. I happen to have some shredded pork in the freezer so it will be soup and cuban subs for dinner. I'm going to make some chicken and noodle soup in the pressure cooker. I switch out the onion for some leaks and add swiss chard and some lemon to my version. We are still working our way through our apple crisps.

I made a poor man's stroganoff. I used some frozen italian meatballs, 1 can French onion soup (out of fresh onions), 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, a packet of brown gravy, sour cream and noodles. There's ice cream for dessert.

I found some bratwurst at Costco, "Piller's Simply Free". No junk in them, ingredients: Pork, water, sea salt, spices, cane sugar. So, we finally used the new grill. I made cole slaw to go with that and Stirling had his on pita.

20130818_200222.jpg

20130818_200245.jpg

20130818_201858.jpg

Okay, the pita was getting a bit dry, so the top one cracked. Those brats were really tasty. In fact, they were better without the seedy Dijon.

I found some bratwurst at Costco, "Piller's Simply Free". No junk in them, ingredients: Pork, water, sea salt, spices, cane sugar. So, we finally used the new grill. I made cole slaw to go with that and Stirling had his on pita.

Okay, the pita was getting a bit dry, so the top one cracked. Those brats were really tasty. In fact, they were better without the seedy Dijon.

Nice grill, Taxy, and nice looking meal! :yum:

PPO, yours looks really good too!

Last edited:
Had supper out tonight after a leisurely drive through the back roads of Rhode Island. We stopped at a favorite restaurant/bar where I got the pulled pork sandwich (ate half, brought half home) and baked beans, Himself had a cuban sandwich and fries.

20130818_200222.jpg

The brats are cute, the grill is cuter, but Stirling is definitely the cutest thing in that photo! ;) Then again, he looks a little like Himself: well-fed, and practicing "crop rotation" between the top of the head and the chin. :) Himself is still trying to figure out how to rotate the crops back to their starting point.

Back
Top Bottom