SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!! 4/30/17 What's cookin"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY (in my best Monster Truck show commercial voice).

I have a 4-pound pork butt, that marinated overnight in a Cuban mojo, roasting at 250 degrees in the oven. I'm going to make some Cuban black beans and rice for a side.

I should be able to make several meals from that butt this week. I'm thinking a Cuban sandwich, some pork tacos, and who knows what else.

What's cookin' en su casa?

CD

Last edited:
I have a ball of pizza dough getting ready in the fridge. Tonight's dinner will be pizza topped with peppers, onions and pepperoni. Perhaps a salad on the side to make us feel healthy.

Wow, casey, did your thread title shake some dust from my brain. When I was a kid, we lived up the hill -about 1 1/2 miles total - from Cloverleaf Speedway in suburban Cleveland. We could hear the racing most nights when it was warm weather. They've been gone for a couple of decades now. Also no longer running races, a co-worker and her hubby would work race crew at Nelson Ledges Raceway. They ended up working pit for the Paul Newman Race Team! How. Cool. Is. That. Looks like Nelson's is used only for test drives and something called "Ganar Driving Experience".

OK, so much for that. Now to dinner - which will be breakfast seeing as how we never get up early enough for big breakfasts in the morning. I have Johnsonville links. I'll make scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, and crashed potatoes.

I'm thinking pancakes for dinner, that is if I even get that far. Super tired, just baked 4 cakes.

Wow, casey, did your thread title shake some dust from my brain. When I was a kid, we lived up the hill -about 1 1/2 miles total - from Cloverleaf Speedway in suburban Cleveland. We could hear the racing most nights when it was warm weather. They've been gone for a couple of decades now. Also no longer running races, a co-worker and her hubby would work race crew at Nelson Ledges Raceway. They ended up working pit for the Paul Newman Race Team! How. Cool. Is. That. Looks like Nelson's is used only for test drives and something called "Ganar Driving Experience".

OK, so much for that. Now to dinner - which will be breakfast seeing as how we never get up early enough for big breakfasts in the morning. I have Johnsonville links. I'll make scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, and crashed potatoes.

I remember Nelson Ledges. I've done several "Driving Experiences" over the years. My favorite was the Land Rover Experience at the Biltmore Estate. I learned a lot, and the accommodations were spectacular.

I haven't done breakfast for dinner in quite a while. I remember hitting Denny's at 2AM after the bars/clubs closed when I was MUCH younger. I could eat the biggest Grand Slam on the menu -- and still maintain my 30-inch waistline.

Enjoy!

CD

Thawed the last of the chicken enchiladas.. Made a fresh enchilada sauce.. Put together fluffy Mexican rice.. Spiced up and mashed canned black beans..

Of course, bread pudding for dessert..

Ross

Hmmmm. I remember it as Saturday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrdImfvFmQ

Daughter, SIL, and 18 month old Energizer Bunny were over for dinner. Rusty chicken thighs (foodwishes recipe) and Italian sausages on the grill, kale and black eyed peas (BTB recipe), spinach, arugula, and red bell pepper salad, U-bake-it roast garlic bread from the supermarket. EB liked the chicken, sausages, and bread, but didn't care for the texture of the kale.

Sunday, sunday, sunday!!!

Early Sunday Supper here in the middle of the Desert,
as we had Brunch (no Lunch or snacks btw) and were STARVING! :LOL:

IMG_3325.jpg

I oven roasted some Brats from Sprouts (they're huge!)
warmed a coupla Trader Joe's Soft Pretzel Sticks,
(they look like rolls to us :huh: )
lined the split "rolls" with Trader Joe's fermented Sauerkraut (for moi),
and toppings of chopped Sweet White Onion and Spicy Brown Mustard.
MMM!!
Famous Dave's Spicy Pickle Chips and Kettle Chips are on the side...
To wash it all down, Trader Joe's Dark Beer for myself and Coca Cola for DH.

It was a sandwich-y kinda day :yum:

Ooh, all while watching the D-Backs WIN!!! Best record since winning the World Series in 2001, fingers crossed ...

Last edited:
Picked up some beef tenderloin from Costco last week. I had a chunk of that, along with sauteed zucchini and goat cheese.

img_1509370_0_ac747f96b87e44df31c60b2a09fa3715.jpg

I just made twice baked potatoes with the best of the horrible potatoes I bought a while back. Only, these potatoes were so bad, I baked them the second time on aluminum foil instead of in their jackets.

They're almost ready to come out of the oven now. I added a little butter, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, cheese, sour cream, and bacon to them. I guess today's not a diet day.

Steve, that beef sure looks good!

TB had roasted chicken thighs with baby potatoes and Caesar Salad.

I had chicken Caesar salad with baby potatoes.

It's all about how you say it - they were different! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom