Sunday Supper 10/27/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Last edited:
Shrimp and Okra Gumbo

Gumbo, Shrimp & Okra.jpg

Twice baked loaded potatoes and salad for me. I couldn't finish even 1 of the potatoes. Craig had salad and loaded potato skins. He'll probably have 1 of my twice baked at some point. We did 3 and 3.

Attachments

• 2019-10-27 18.56.54.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.56.54.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 84
We are both recouping from Dx receiving/ me administering IV antibiotics 5x daily for 2 weeks and not getting enough sleep. We got groceries for the week and deli chicken, cole slaw and 3 bean salad for dinner tonight. Ice cream and cookies for later.

A friend came over and helped me eat some of those fire noodles from last night, but I wanted to make a side dish (you really can't eat much of that stuff!). I had a little over a lb of beans, plus last night I halved over a qt of my last cherry tomatoes. This made me think of making up a mix of the som tum dressing I make, but milder, and it turned out great! This was definitely something I'll do again, maybe tweaking it a bit.
Green bean version of Som Tum by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I first crush a bunch of peanuts in the mortar, remove those, then crush some garlic, followed by some fresh red Thai peppers, then a small amount of soaked, dry shrimp. Then the lime juice, palm sugar, and fish sauce, to finish the sauce. The beans were just steamed 4 min., chilled, then spun dry, before mixing with the sauce, peanuts, and the tomatoes.

Beef And Barley Soup, homemade, withe sliced peaches for desert, and club crackers with the soup. Cranberry juice was my beverage of chice. The soup eas thick with beef, barley and onion
The carrots and garlic rounded out the flavor just nicely

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• PA270029[1].jpg
    PA270029[1].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 94
  • PA270031[1].jpg
    PA270031[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 89
I made some pesto and DH used that, with some pasta water, as the sauce for some store bought tortellini. I made a plum dessert, but we decided to have it tomorrow, because there isn't a lot and last time I made it, it was even better the next day.

Sous vide pork tenderloin with an apple-maple sauce.

CD

Attachments

• PorkApples001small.jpg
    PorkApples001small.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 91
I made Greek baked shrimp in tomato sauce seasoned with oregano and red pepper flakes, topped with feta cheese. I served it with orzo and rice pilaf and freshly baked no-knead bread.
1027192014.jpg1027192006c.jpg

I made Greek baked shrimp in tomato sauce seasoned with oregano and red pepper flakes, topped with feta cheese. I served it with orzo and rice pilaf and freshly baked no-knead bread.
View attachment 37160View attachment 37161

Can you share your no-knead bread recipe?
I have tried one such recipe and eas inpressed
Your bread looks very nice.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom