Sunday Supper 10/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

It's much cooler today and fall like. I think it's a perfect day for a roast beef with mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed green beans tossed with butter.

HAGD:chef:

That sounds wonderful, Littlechef! Reminds me of the Sunday suppers I grew up with.

DH is doing a day shift today so will be home for dinner. A very rare occasion on a Sunday. I have some ground beef out that was supposed to be for salisbury steaks the other day so will do something with that but not sure what yet. I was also thinking of throwing it into the freezer and putting a beef stew into the crockpot. Decisions, decisions!

On the spur of the moment yesterday, we bought a turkey breast.

Dinner tonight is roast turkey breast, rice pilaf, roasted butternut squash, and a super decadent chocolate cake SO made yesterday.

I have some ground beef in fridge. I'm thinking spaghetti or meat loaf. It'll depend on when DH gets home from his outing.

Good morning everyone,

It's much cooler today and fall like. I think it's a perfect day for a roast beef with mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed green beans tossed with butter.

HAGD:chef:

It's good evening here, Littlechef. :) And if I wasn't so jet lagged it would be roast beef! Yum! Instead, we had lasagne. Nice and easy, comforting and I had second helpings.

What cut of beef do you like?

DH is doing a day shift today so will be home for dinner. A very rare occasion on a Sunday. I have some ground beef out that was supposed to be for salisbury steaks the other day so will do something with that but not sure what yet. I was also thinking of throwing it into the freezer and putting a beef stew into the crockpot. Decisions, decisions!

I vote for the salisbury steak! :rolleyes:

Cool, rainy and fall-like here. It will be kielbasa, roasted beet root, baked potatoes, and green beans.

I think I remember recipes here for roasting beet root and for cooking kielbasa in the oven so this afternoon "I'm hunting wecipes" :LOL:

I'm loving everyone's dinner tonight ... they are all so cozy and comforting for the first day of really cool Autumn temperatures.

I'm loving everyone's dinner tonight ... they are all so cozy and comforting for the first day of really cool Autumn temperatures.

Now, at 22:25 I am sipping a mug of lovely comforting hot chocolate made with Van Houten's cocoa, with some cheap squirty cream splurged on top and a large Cadbury's Flake to dip into.

Want some?

Fired up the smoker this afternoon:

• Chicken Breasts
  • Hot Italian Sausage
  • Boudin
Meanwhile in the oven:

• Potato and Parmesan au Gratin
  • Traditional Blackberry Cobbler
Add some Caesar salad and Tangy Sour-dough bread and you get dinner at our house tonight.

Last edited:
That sounds wonderful, Littlechef! Reminds me of the Sunday suppers I grew up with.

It is has been a rainy Sunday here in Northern California. So, I decided to put a beef stew in the crockpot this morning. Nothing like beef stew and baking powder biscuits on a rainy day. Plus, it will make great leftovers for later in the week.

Pizza made with Caramelized Onion, Roasted Eggplant, Garlic and Yogurt.

img_924418_0_e13b4ce94ec0a73aed00bb3d45425f6e.jpg

Cheater chili

Can of chili beans
Can of Rotel tomatoes
Finely diced sun-dried tomatoes
Fish sauce
Panko
Bacon bits

Was out running around and happened to have my camera with me. I thought the sky was beautiful tonight.

img_924434_0_4430dc3a0e065864197a880ac8af9f23.jpg

Dinner:

Spinach tagliatelle pasta topped with plain tomato sauce and freshly grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_924434_1_b492273bc6324155c827a8111a226d64.jpg

I vote for the salisbury steak! :rolleyes:

Cool, rainy and fall-like here. It will be kielbasa, roasted beet root, baked potatoes, and green beans.

I think I remember recipes here for roasting beet root and for cooking kielbasa in the oven so this afternoon "I'm hunting wecipes" :LOL:

I took your advice, Dave, and the salisbury steak with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots was a big hit.

Hope your wecipe hunting was successful. Did you find a wascally wabbit?

I took your advice, Dave, and the salisbury steak with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots was a big hit.

Hope your wecipe hunting was successful. Did you find a wascally wabbit?

ok I'm guessing someone made this for me in my past, perhaps my mom. What is salisbury steak and how can I make it?

Back
Top Bottom