Sunday Supper..3/5/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MMM, that sound real yummy K!

Here's my plan, I've already made a double batch of fresh pasta to be rolled and cut into fettuccine later today. Along with the pasta, I'm going to make my version of Chicken Marsala; TJ's Half-baked idea mini ciabatta, nothing green here though... DH feels that pasta should not be served with anything else but bread :blink:

Porcetta with scalloped potatoes, onions and fennel.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plated dinner to follow.

SIL and BIL are coming over for the dinner that was canceled last week for the kitchen faucet fiasco.

I made a big pot of Sunday Ragu with sausages and meatballs.

Congrats Rock!! I hope it's been a profitable and rewarding year for both of you!!
You have your own fan club here you know! :clap:

Can't wait for the report on your celebration dinner. :chef:

We're having cold January weather here in March - single digits at night. BRRRRR.

Winter weather meal tonight. Roast chicken, scalloped potatoes, steamed broc.

Happy Anniversary to you and your lady, Roch! I just looked at the menu...sounds delicious and so varied. I think I would have fun with the chef's choice blind sharing menu as well. Let us know how it went, I'd love to hear what ended up on your plates. With pics, please! :yum:

This afternoon's dinner will be a repeat from last night. Leftover braised short ribs and veggies with gravy, over mashed.

Not decided yet. But, I have some porcetta vacuum sealed in the freezer, that Craig just reminded me of. That may be my winner.

My biggest customer texted me that things are going to get crazy for the next couple of weeks, so I may be eating airport food for a while, so I better eat home food tonight.

Ah, airport food... loads of calories, fat and sodium, for a ridiculous price.

CD

Happy Anniversary to you and your lady, Roch! I just looked at the menu...sounds delicious and so varied. I think I would have fun with the chef's choice blind sharing menu as well. Let us know how it went, I'd love to hear what ended up on your plates. With pics, please! :yum:

This afternoon's dinner will be a repeat from last night. Leftover braised short ribs and veggies with gravy, over mashed.

Ooops, I think I may have misunderstood....it's the anniversary of your business! :blush: Congrats on your first successful year, and here's to many more to come!

We're going out for an anniversary dinner. It has been one year since we took over the deli....heading out to this place..I think we're going for the 8 course blind sharing menu..NeXT > Home

Maikai, well done Rock to you and yours!
OMIGAWD!!!
I also looked at the menu for this place, WOW!
I am now officially jealous of you!
NOW WHERE and I do mean now where in Arizona do we have great food like that. Oh yeah, they TRY in Scottsdale, but to me, it's really not all that!

PICTURES!!! PLEASE!!! Full, blow by low account of your meal, we're all drooling!

Last night of "butcher's special last day" budget items: currently roasting a chicken breast, to be cut up and used to fill flour tacos.

I heat the tortillas over gas flame, then chop in ingredients: chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce, top with hot sauce.

Practically zero effort dinner.

MMM, that sound real yummy K!

Here's my plan, I've already made a double batch of fresh pasta to be rolled and cut into fettuccine later today. Along with the pasta, I'm going to make my version of Chicken Marsala; TJ's Half-baked idea mini ciabatta, nothing green here though... DH feels that pasta should not be served with anything else but bread :blink:

fresh pasta.jpg

chicken marsala.jpg

009.JPG

Yum!
This is one of my favorite dishes that I make, it's very unctuous!
Fresh made pasta with farm fresh eggs from Mrs. DearFriend's chickens, Dry Marsala and Chicken stock along with sweet white onions and garlic and sssshhhhhhh, BUTTER swirled in at the end MMM!
I forgot the bread but DH said that's fine, we'll have that tomorrow with the leftovers :yum:
(I was going to take the leftovers next door to the new neighbors, but NOPE! That was just too good; I'm still smacking my lips :whistling:)

Congrats to you, Roch, and Lady Roch, on your success with the deli. I hope you get to report back AND post photos from your meal.
:yum:

Finally made the Ribollita, a "Tuscan stew of vegetables, beans and bread". I wasn't sure Himself would like it because it included copious amounts of tomatoes. Sometimes he doesn't like them cooked into a recipe. I'm glad to say that he loved this dish! I did too. Cheap, easy, and lots of chopping with my new knife...and NO cuts in my fingers. Yay!

Attachments

• 2017-03-05 20.03.18.jpg
    2017-03-05 20.03.18.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 149
I stopped in at Central Market today, a HUGE and somewhat expensive grocery store that caters to the well off. They also carry a ton of stuff most grocery stores don't carry. For example, I finally found some rice wine there and I've been looking for that for ages.

Anyway, they have a complete Asian (and Hispanic) section and I got 2 boxes of shrimp shumai, which I scarfed down for supper. This is the only store now that carries them and I don't get into there too often, so I've been missing my shumai.

I also got a French baguette and it's so good. It almost tastes like sourdough. I've already eaten half the loaf so between that and the shumai, I am so stuffed.........And I'll admit it. I bought a very small bottle of white wine (about one glass worth) for cooking. And I drank that tonight, too. I drink maybe once a year on my birthday when my friend brings me out for dinner, and so that was a real treat.

Last edited:
Everybody's dinners sound wonderful and look great. Rock, that restaurant looks rocking (ha, ha), hope you and your lady had a fantastic dinner.

I'm going to cut down or omit the red pepper flakes next time, was trying a new flavoring/curing combo. It was good, but a bit spicy for me.
picture.php

The Food Pantry team at our church held a Spaghetti lunch after church for donations. All kind of sauces, salad and a ton of homemade dessert , which I hit first. Thank you Brenda for the Banana pudding, MMMMM!, they raised $1000.00!

Congrats to you, Roch, and Lady Roch, on your success with the deli. I hope you get to report back AND post photos from your meal.
:yum:

Finally made the Ribollita, a "Tuscan stew of vegetables, beans and bread". I wasn't sure Himself would like it because it included copious amounts of tomatoes. Sometimes he doesn't like them cooked into a recipe. I'm glad to say that he loved this dish! I did too. Cheap, easy, and lots of chopping with my new knife...and NO cuts in my fingers. Yay!

Looks and sounds delish, CG! Copied and saved - I intend to make this before it gets too hot here. :)

Back
Top Bottom