Sunday Supper 4-28-2019 ~ Did anybody else eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We grazed through leftovers. I had the last of the pork as a hot pork sandwich, finished the beets and asparagus, too. Himself is still considering his options.
IMG_20190428_200058878_HDR.jpg

That looks tasty CG.

I cut up some Angus beef sirloin and fried the strips. I served it with a pan sauce made with the wine, garlic, fish sauce, herbes de Provence, and cream. There was also a salad of green crisp lettuce, pea shoots, red onion, haskap berries, and sliced almonds, with homemade vinaigrette. I think I wasn't patient enough - the sauce was a bit thin, but it was really tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_20190428_200128.jpg
    IMG_20190428_200128.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20190428_200105.jpg
    IMG_20190428_200105.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 123
Not at all hungry this evening. We spent the afternoon attending a neighborhood fundraiser, the annual Porch Crawl, where we go from house to house, six in all, and eat, drink and visit. Had lots of good food and drinks and fun today.

Today, since I had some basil to use from a trimming, I made an Italian style gruel, with barley. I can still smell this up here in my computer room! It is tomato based, with some onions, garlic, sausage, eggplant, mushrooms, and basil. I made it in the IP, making the tomato sauce first, then adding the barley, and cooking it for 10 min. in Multi Grain mode, as this heats more gently, and the grains are less likely to stick. Then I let the pressure release for 15 min, then added the rehydrated eggplant, the cooked and cut up sausage, and the sliced and cooked mushrooms, and set it to cook 1 min - sounds weird, but it cooks a lot more, heating up to that point, then pressure release. Then I added the rest of the basil, let it sit while cleaning up some, and served it with some Locatelli grated on it.

Italian style gruel, with barley, sausage, eggplant, mushrooms, and a lot of basil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Barley gruel, topped with a little Locatelli cheese. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Grilled pizza trio.

Cherry Bomb
Has grilled chicken, cherry preserves and whole cherries. Mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7991.jpg

Moussaka
Lamb, eggplant and tomato sauce. Pecorino and Mozzarella for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7990.jpg

Venetian
Sweet sopressata, onion jam, walnuts. Mozzarella and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7989.jpg

Sunday was filled with Nascar and college softball games so kept it simple with pulled pork on brioche buns and chili w/beans.. A small Corona for me..

Ice cream was dessert..

Ross

Grilled pizza trio.

Cherry Bomb
Has grilled chicken, cherry preserves and whole cherries. Mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7991.jpg

Moussaka
Lamb, eggplant and tomato sauce. Pecorino and Mozzarella for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7990.jpg

Venetian
Sweet sopressata, onion jam, walnuts. Mozzarella and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7989.jpg
I love the sound of the moussaka pizza, CC! And I'm growing a variety of tomato this year called Cherry Bomb - is that what's on that pizza, or just coincidence?

I love the sound of the moussaka pizza, CC! And I'm growing a variety of tomato this year called Cherry Bomb - is that what's on that pizza, or just coincidence?

No, it's cherries and cherry preserves. It was my least liked of the trio and I don't really know why. We talked about it this morning while he was posting and decided it either needed a stronger poultry flavor like turkey or duck and maybe some heat, either chipotle or cayenne.

I cooked a pork loin sous vide and seared with the Searsall. Potato salad and asparagus on the side.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom