Sunday Supper. 4/8/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's going on at your casa?

We're doing a sous vide tri tip, to be finished on the searing side burner of the gas grill.
Sides will be leftover Ratatouille from last night and also some fresh corn off the cob saute with butter and fresh basil, along with Texas garlic toast.
That should make a colorful pretty plate of food, so I'll try to remember pictures.

Last edited:
That does sound pretty, and delicious, Kayelle :yum:

DH got a good deal on fish last week, so he pulled some yellowfin tuna out of the freezer to thaw. Not sure what we'll do with it yet. I need to make him a salad for dinner (have lots of romaine, but I can't eat it right now). Maybe I'll go Asian - marinate it for a bit and pan-sear with sesame seeds. Yeah, that sounds good :yum: Probably some kind of rice or noodles and marinated cucumbers for me to round it out.

That does sound pretty, and delicious, Kayelle :yum:

DH got a good deal on fish last week, so he pulled some yellowfin tuna out of the freezer to thaw. Not sure what we'll do with it yet. I need to make him a salad for dinner (have lots of romaine, but I can't eat it right now). Maybe I'll go Asian - marinate it for a bit and pan-sear with sesame seeds. Yeah, that sounds good :yum: Probably some kind of rice or noodles and marinated cucumbers for me to round it out.

Wondering if you're a fan of the famous Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles? It would sure go great with your tuna plan. :D

In the process of simmering the innards of a chicken pie we're going to have for supper..I roasted off some thighs this morning, deboned them and made some stock a couple of hours later..now, I am finishing the filling and will make the pie in a couple of hours..
Here's the fixin's for the start of the broth I made around lunch time, and the filling almost done....

Attachments

• 30415377_10155291155087401_8812742531650420736_n.jpg
    30415377_10155291155087401_8812742531650420736_n.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 30443123_10155291545527401_185246917343576064_n.jpg
    30443123_10155291545527401_185246917343576064_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I couldnt find the whats for lunch topic hahaha, so I will post it here. Maybe someone can guide me to lunch topic :)

Almost every Sunday, me and my wife sneak out to our favorite dim sum place called Din Tai Fung in San Jose Valley Mall

I love dumplings, and I dont need any excuses to go and slurp on those magical things *

We got there at 9:50am and the place opens at 10. The line was already a decent size

iv211dH.jpg

Luckily we didnt have to wait long. As the awesome host ladies approached us in the line and asked "How many?", within 3 minutes after that moment we were sitting down.*

Quickly we started out with a seaweed salad. Some beansprouts, tofu, and a very nice soy and ponzu marinade.

VJNiya7.jpg

A good dose of garlic spinach came in fast as well. I love a lot of chilli oil on it, and black vinegar

kgrM1BT.jpg

The sauce for dumplings is super simple. Fresh ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar. a small spoon of chilli oil is a must for me

PEDcsRf.jpg

Then came the dumplings !* XLB *

v3Q8LIu.jpg

Little pockets filled with hot boiling broth, and juciy tender pork*

quick dip in the sauce

cnaGEF5.jpg

little bit of ginger on the top

Jln6mhR.jpg

I poke a small hole in them to let the broth come out a little bit, mixing with that sauce

SLURP, BITE, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

7ImIi5c.jpg

Besides the dumplings, we got some noodles with spicy ground pork*

SN74rj2.jpg

and spicy vegetable and pork dumplings, I really love mixing the sauce myself

FIamqVJ.jpg

mMvA5o0.jpg

Until next Sunday

There is no lunch thread that I know of..just post your meal threads on the dinner thread..it's all food..I can almost taste those dumplings..one of my faves when I go into the city to see my kids..

I recovered some rotisserie chicken meat from the freezer and I'm making a couple of individual chicken pot pies with it.

There is no lunch thread that I know of..just post your meal threads on the dinner thread..it's all food..I can almost taste those dumplings..one of my faves when I go into the city to see my kids..
There is actually a lunch thread [emoji2] It's not as popular as the daily dinner thread - probably because most people generally don't put as much time and thought into it.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-have-you-had-for-lunch-lately-74102-232.html

Last edited:
Yum IE. With food like that, I'd be going out for dim sum often too. And chicken pot pies, one of my favorite meals to make.

I made a pot of chili. And cornbread.

Wondering if you're a fan of the famous Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles? It would sure go great with your tuna plan. [emoji3]
I've heard a lot about them but haven't made them. I usually throw together a dressing for the noodles, including fresh grated ginger and sometimes Chinese Five-Spice Powder. That sounds like a really good base, though. I'm not sure how much soy sauce I have -need to check.

I've heard a lot about them but haven't made them. I usually throw together a dressing for the noodles, including fresh grated ginger and sometimes Chinese Five-Spice Powder. That sounds like a really good base, though. I'm not sure how much soy sauce I have -need to check.

At one time I would try to improve the base just because. :ermm: It didn't take long to admit it was perfect as written. Hate when that happens. :LOL:
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
½ cup sesame oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons hot chili oil

WDW's Duchess quiche, which is a quiche Lorraine with ham, bacon, sauteed onion in the bacon fat, swiss cheese, etc., with garlic parslied new potatoes.

Wow...really enjoying the food pics and menus for this evening! :ohmy::yum:

I warmed up the leftover cheese enchiladas from yesterday. :)

Done deal..had it with a spinach salad..Sunday comfort..now, try not to get horizontal on the couch,,,,

Attachments

• 30443318_10155291800822401_7846297610703863808_n.jpg
    30443318_10155291800822401_7846297610703863808_n.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 119
I made a batch of beef and cheese manicotti. Made with fresh pasta and home made marinara, which makes quite a difference. Green salad on the side.

We had Cornish hens, seasoned simply with salt and pepper, then a few cloves of garlic in the cavity and under the skin of the breast. Roasted them on the rotisserie until they were golden and tempting. Sides were steamed cauliflower and some of our home-canned Italian green beans. Exotic dessert was a Klondike bar each.

Back
Top Bottom