Sunday supper. 6/26/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Asian here tonight.

I'm doing mock "fried rice" with cauliflower, egg, peas, celery, green onions, and chopped marinated chicken breast.

What's cookin at your house?

Ah, my magnificent tongue. Just another hour and a half before I'll feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Boiled 'taters and a sliced 'mater along with it.

Trying a couple of new recipes tonight. Thai Curry Chicken Kebabs with Coconut Peanut Sauce and 15-Minute Lo Mein.

An ice cold salad topped with strips of warm steak and chunky blue cheese dressing.

The strawberries are gone and the season for our local berries is about over! :(

Heading to a semi-local steakhouse. I perused the menu, and think we'll probably split a filet mignon and a loaded baked potato. Probably should get something green too.

Souvlaki

13501563_10154165427590435_2531196929954168421_n.jpg

Last edited:
Craig made the mixture for bahn mi meatballs for the freezer and sliders for tonight. Condiments are hot chili mayo and a slaw made out of carrots and radishes, as a sub for daikon, cilantro and jalapeno slices for Craig.

I have two leftover grilled chicken thighs from yesterday, so will warm those up a bit for dinner. Loaded up green salad with lots of crunchy veggies for a side.

Last edited:
A no-cook night since it's been sauna-like with the weather here. Heat advisory and humidity like a veil.

In view of that, we're having local pulled pork on homemade buns, homemade slaw (new recipe - a keeper), Cajun potato salad, and lots of iced tea.

Clean-out night. I can make a huge mushroom omelet with a side of steamed broccoli. :ermm: What's left of the whole wheat bread will get toasted. Hey, it's gotta go, right? First, though, I have to use the bread for two sandwiches "for the road" so that I can use up the last of the ham and salami.

T-bones were on sale at IGA. I picked a pack of them up and I cooked them out on the charcoal grill along with some fresh local corn on the cob (from a roadside stand). I left the lid open and got a nice sear on both sides of the steaks and then finished them off to the side with the lid closed. Served with some tater salad.

Great looking dinners, Suthseaxa and Rock. :yum:

Everyone's meals for the past few days are inspiring me as I write out my grocery list for tomorrow. :)

Our potatoes are growing! Our potatoes are growing! :mrgreen:

I briefly microwaved them, then grilled them with pork souvlaki and served it with watermelon-feta-mint salad.

Attachments

• 1467068698195.jpg
    1467068698195.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom