"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-08-2016, 01:44 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
I'm a forum lurker, and the dinner posts are my favorite on the forum. Since I can only eat so much at a time, I love to read what other people are enjoying for dinner and live vicariously! :)

I had a couple pork chops that had been sitting in my fridge for a while so I made sha cha (Taiwanese "BBQ sauce") smothered pork chops and finished off leftover sautéed veggies and some rice.

So glad you joined us tonight! We'd love to hear more about your recipe. It looks delicious.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:53 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

It seems as if I am now a short order cook. Dad had spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and a tossed salad, Mom had a Sloppy Joe, veggie sticks (carrot and celery) with buttermilk ranch dip, and pasta salad, I had a Tex-Mex salad (spring greens topped with taco meat and Tex-Mex black beans). They both had Flora's Peach Cream Pie for dessert. I try to make as much as my mom's food "finger food" so that she can feed herself. I don't eat spaghetti--ate my life's quota before the age of 18 (that was what we had every Monday when I was growing up). Mom ate all of her meals today--that's a good day. I'm learning as I go--gotta get her to the table in the evening by 4:30 so she has an hour to eat before she starts sundowning...

Old 08-09-2016, 12:23 AM   #13
Master Chef

Beautiful pics, Joey and milkbaby!

Steve....those are the best dinners, when folks dive in before you have a chance to take a pic!

Kay...your company dinner sounds so good. I bet it was a big hit.

CWS...I'm so sorry to hear your mom is in the sundowning stage...that's rough. Try to take care of yourself as well.

Ugh...I've had a doozy of a summer cold the past few days and haven't felt like 'talking' much less sharing dinners. Not that they've been all that great, since I haven't been able to taste anything anyway...taste buds are coming back so hopefully will get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Tags
supper