Sunday Supper April 2nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have a meal of goulash soup and a baguette with butter for dinner tonight.

How will you sup?

I picked up another tomahawk steak a couple of days ago at Sam's Club. The four of us will be sharing this 3 lb hunk of steak. I'm not sure exactly which method I'm going to use to cook this. Still early here on the left coast. Also some rice and asparagus...

Black beans are cooking in cast iron now, with onions and garlic sautéed in bacon fat. I'm going to partially mash them, and make black been tacos.

CD

Sunny and mid-50's, and the snow is melting like crazy. Not fast enough, though, as I had to shovel off the patio to get to the grill. Dinner was cheeseburgers and oven fries.

Meatloaf, madhoes and carrots. Also mostly cooked a pork country ribs and short ribs braise for another night.

Been craving fried chicken something fierce the last couple of days. Don't live near any KFC but wouldn't get that because the last time we had it it just wasn't like the good old days. But, I do have a recipe that comes close to that finger lickin' goodness. So I brought out the electric fryer and whupped up a mess 'o crispy goodness.

Our sides were the last of the mac and cheese and green beans from last night.

I sure wish I could figure a way to just make the crispy, crunchy breading and eat only that. Dang it's good!

Pan-fried pollock seasoned with Penzeys Southwest Seasoning, rice pilaf with roasted bell peppers and Mural of Flavor, and roasted asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice and more Mural. 0402172004a_HDR.jpg

Another finger food night. Be glad later today when I can cook something and sit down to eat it while it's hot.

Yesterday we had... Bacon, Scrambled Eggs (half with melted American Cheese Slices on top), plus Sliced Onions & Sliced Mushrooms sauteed in Butter), also Simply Orange Juice.

Today we are having... Pancakes, Pork Sausage Patties, Little Cutie's Mandarins, and Northland's Blueberry Blackberry Juice.

I sure wish I could figure a way to just make the crispy, crunchy breading and eat only that. Dang it's good!

Try mixing buttermilk into the breading to make a thin batter and pour it into your fryer. It should make crispy little bits to munch on. I've done that before. I've also taken my breading and make it into a biscuit like dough and fry those up like hush puppies. Both ways are good.

We ate at The Black Pelican last night for my birthday and I had a steak and shrimp fajita pizza with a local brewery beer. Very good!

Back
Top Bottom