Sunday Supper April 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a small pork loin roast brining for tonight's dinner. I plan baked potatoes and a veggie or salad of SO's choosing.

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Got some spaghetti sauce simmering. Clams, sliced black olives, a few other things, and some spices.

I'm dry brineing the small end cut of a tri tip to be grilled later to rare, and I'm making KFC copycat coleslaw. I'll also grill some garlic toast for the SC.

I have chicken thighs seasoned with Penzeys Greek Seasoning in the oven. While they roast, I'm preparing a Greek seasoning mix to toss with potato wedges that I will brown in a sauté pan in olive oil. I have fresh asparagus, so I'll put that in the oven when the chicken is almost done and sprinkle it with lemon juice and feta for serving.

We have almost enough leftovers for one, so I made a nice lupper around 4:00PM. We had link sausages, eggs with co-jack cheese, and toasted sourdough bread. Himself will rummage, I'll probably make salads for us. Otherwise it's Fend For Yourself.

We have almost enough leftovers for one, so I made a nice lupper around 4:00PM. We had link sausages, eggs with co-jack cheese, and toasted sourdough bread. Himself will rummage, I'll probably make salads for us. Otherwise it's Fend For Yourself.

It is leftovers here tonight, too. Leftover brats from National Beer Day, on some really good rolls that I have to admit, I got at WalMart. I'm not a big WalMart shopper, but it was on the way home -- and these bakery rolls really are good.

CD

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, and other friends were there as well. I took black bean and corn salad (Cheryl J's recipe), Bush's Grillin Beans enhanced with applewood smoked bacon and onions, and Chef John's rusty chicken thighs. SIL was in charge of the grill, and did the marinated steak tips and chicken thighs. Daughter made a beautiful green salad, and picked up a baguette and dessert cake. Friends provided appetizers of cheeses, crackers, hummus, and veggies (and wine!). So much fun when there is such a variety of food, but there are enough people to contribute so that nobody has to do too much work.

Mmmm, sounds good tenspeed. So glad you like the black bean and corn salad, I just made a batch a few days ago. Good stuff. :yum:
--------------------------------------
I took a vacuum sealed package of 3 chicken thighs out of the freezer this morning and had intended to grill them. I ended up getting into a few household projects and decided to oven roast them instead so they wouldn't require constant supervision. :) They're roasting with garlic, lemon and thyme and it smells so good in here. One for dinner, the other two will be made into chicken salad for the next couple of days.

Since the oven is on, I'll roast some asparagus for a side.

I have chicken thighs seasoned with Penzeys Greek Seasoning in the oven. While they roast, I'm preparing a Greek seasoning mix to toss with potato wedges that I will brown in a sauté pan in olive oil. I have fresh asparagus, so I'll put that in the oven when the chicken is almost done and sprinkle it with lemon juice and feta for serving.
Mmmm, that was good :yum: 0409172003a_HDR.jpg

Chicken drumsticks, lightly dusted with Pappy's seasoning, lightly CI pan fried in a teaspoon of oil for a few minutes, then oven baked in the pan. Mashed potatoes, canned green beans, Pillsbury's Grands flaky biscuits.

I'm dry brineing the small end cut of a tri tip to be grilled later to rare, and I'm making KFC copycat coleslaw. I'll also grill some garlic toast for the SC.

In addition, I thought I'd wing it with a Mexican corn side dish that turned out well.
In a half stick of butter, I cooked up some diced
white onion
red and green bell pepper
jalapeno
added..
a big dab of tomato paste
hefty amount of Penzey's Arizona Dreaming
salt
frozen fire roasted corn from TJ's (any corn would work)
Yumm..:yum:

In addition, I thought I'd wing it with a Mexican corn side dish that turned out well.
In a half stick of butter, I cooked up some diced
white onion
red and green bell pepper
jalapeno
added..
a big dab of tomato paste
hefty amount of Penzey's Arizona Dreaming
salt
frozen fire roasted corn from TJ's (any corn would work)
Yumm..
Darn fine dinner:yum:

I made frikadeller and served them with rødkål (Danish red cabbage) and potatoes. Yum. Had German beer with supper.

It is leftovers here tonight, too. Leftover brats from National Beer Day, on some really good rolls that I have to admit, I got at WalMart. I'm not a big WalMart shopper, but it was on the way home -- and these bakery rolls really are good.

CD

Had a burger at a local diner a while back.. The buns were so good that I asked where they bought them.. Turns out they were a Walmart brand package of HB buns.. Went to buy some but, didn't find that particular bun.. What I did find was their "Marketside French Brioche Buns".. Great buns that I now keep a package of in the freezer for just about any sandwich I want to make.. I don't know if they will be at your local store but, worth looking for...

Ross

I went back to my childhood and school days. I always keep a can of Boston Baked Beans in the fridge. So I made myself a cold bean sandwich. I always had one every Monday along with all the other kids for lunch at school.

Back
Top Bottom