Sunday Supper July 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner 7-8-2018 ~ Math 2.0 Day

Today is Math 2.0 Day. Math is important when baking. Some will argue that it is important in cooking, too. With or without careful math when measuring ingredients, what will be your dinner/supper today?

We'll have salads, along with his-and-hers Naan bread pizzas. I found smaller breads - which is a good thing because try as I might, I keep nibbling at the one I make on Stonefire naan until mine is all gone. :pig:

What's adding up to be your meal today?

SO has become the official tossed salad maker for the household for which I'm grateful as I dislike making salads.

But I don't mind making my World Famous, Internationally Renowned Ranch Potato Salad. So I made some today to go with an SO salad and a grilled pork tenderloin. Not sure if I'll use Cavender's or Weber's chipotle marinade on the pork.

Please share your menu for tonight's dinner.

I had a craving for lobster tails, but couldn't find any nice ones at the places we stopped so I bought some mussels..I'm going to steam them in white wine, garlic etc...we have mixed greens for a salad and a baguette for dipping in the buttery mussel juice..GF is making a blue berry pie as we speak..

It's an incredibly beautiful day and DH wants to grill. I think I'll thaw a couple of chicken breasts and make kebabs. We have leftover potato salad and I got some luscious tomatoes from a friend yesterday, so I'll slice up the other half of a big one I had with lunch. Yummy! [emoji16]

I had a craving for lobster tails, but couldn't find any nice ones at the places we stopped so I bought some mussels..I'm going to steam them in white wine, garlic etc...we have mixed greens for a salad and a baguette for dipping in the buttery mussel juice..GF is making a blue berry pie as we speak..

Attachments

• 36824588_10155485249917401_2004768816831135744_n.jpg
    36824588_10155485249917401_2004768816831135744_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 162
It is steak day at the doghouse. I am cooking the steak sous vide, followed by a sear with the searsall, so in a way, I am using math and science to cook dinner.

CD

I cooked chicken croquettes for starters for the family with garlic bread. Daughter cooked about 5 woks full of dumplings. Grandkids love dumplings. Daughter made a chilly dipping sauce and I made a Thai dipping sauce. Kids had ice creams for afters.

Russ

I'm thinking a fruit salad...too hot to cook.

When you said it was "too hot," I figured it must be over 70 degrees. That would be too hot for you. :LOL:

But, I checked, and it is 93 degrees in Casper, Wyoming. That's what it is here, in Dallas. :ohmy:

Welcome to my world. Actually, 93 degrees in Dallas in July is pretty mild.

CD

Dinner - From top left clockwise - Trader Joe's brie, cherry preserves, port wine cheese spread, Trader Joe's cambozola, Trader Joe's cave aged blue cheese, gouda cheese, sweet sopressata, pepperoni, Trader Joe's smoked cheese. Center - cherries and red seedless grapes.

cheese_plate_070818_IMG_4481.JPG

Crackers - Ritz regular and bacon flavored, Toasteds

crackers_070818_IMG_4486.jpg

Other items not pictured - assorted Greek black and green olives, stuffed grape leaves, feta cheese and deli potato salad. Round loaf of Bakery Italian bread.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, meaning I took it there. I grilled marinated steak tips, eyeballing the marinade ingredients (with my eyeballs calibrated to standards traceable to NIST), four cheese ravioli from the pasta shop across the river, mixed to the precise ratio of two packages of ravioli to one container of homemade marinara, and a green salad, with no idea as to how much of anything I put in it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dinner - From top left clockwise - Trader Joe's brie, cherry preserves, port wine cheese spread, Trader Joe's cambozola, Trader Joe's cave aged blue cheese, gouda cheese, sweet sopressata, pepperoni, Trader Joe's smoked cheese. Center - cherries and red seedless grapes.

View attachment 30606

Crackers - Ritz regular and bacon flavored, Toasteds

View attachment 30607

Other items not pictured - assorted Greek black and green olives, stuffed grape leaves, feta cheese and deli potato salad. Round loaf of Bakery Italian bread.

WOW! That looks amazing. Add a good bottle of Riesling, and you have a great summer meal.

CD

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, meaning I took it there. I grilled marinated steak tips, eyeballing the marinade ingredients (with my eyeballs calibrated to standards traceable to NIST), four cheese ravioli from the pasta shop across the river, mixed to the precise ratio of two packages of ravioli to one container of homemade marinara, and a green salad, with no idea as to how much of anything I put in it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Did you have Pi for dessert? ;)

CD

When you said it was "too hot," I figured it must be over 70 degrees. That would be too hot for you. :LOL:

But, I checked, and it is 93 degrees in Casper, Wyoming. That's what it is here, in Dallas. :ohmy:

Welcome to my world. Actually, 93 degrees in Dallas in July is pretty mild.

CD

It is now 92F, when I went to Mom's it was 102F. And yes, anything over 70 is too hot. I had a fruit salad with blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Made a dressing with avocado oil and lime juice. Yum!

It is now 92F, when I went to Mom's it was 102F. And yes, anything over 70 is too hot. I had a fruit salad with blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Made a dressing with avocado oil and lime juice. Yum!

Over 70 is to hot for me also.

Back
Top Bottom