Sunday Supper, March 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just not up to doing a big meal. Chicken nuggets and fries it is. Ken and Kate are out at the moment so our dinner will be later than usual. I'll try for the lasagna tomorrow night.

Roman-Style Chicken

I got this recipe from Giada (Everyday Italian) on the Foodnetwork. LOVE THAT STATION!:chef: I think next time I'll tone down a bit on the oregano & thyme. Seems to me that a lot of these Foodnetwork recipes over-spice a bit. I always make it as is (except the salt) & then modify afterwards. I also served it with a side of red & gold new potatoes with EVOO & rosemary.

I'm stuffed but happy!!;)

Well, this afternoon I popped into one of our local organic/gourmet food grocers, & they had some absolutely lovely fresh skate wing filets, so I bought a pound. Dredged them in flour seasoned with granulated garlic, freshly ground white pepper, & salt, & sauteed them quickly in half-&-half extra-virgin olive oil & butter. Transferred them to warm plates & added the juice from 1 lemon & about 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to the pan, along with a couple of extra pats of butter. Poured over the fish & served with a nice large mixed baby greens salad. Delicious!!

ncage1974 said:
Apple City Barbecue Grand World Champion Ribs - Recipelink.com

Unfortunatly i did not have time to pull out the weber bullet smoker today. I had to much going on. I will just use my weber kettle and use charcoal & mesquite. A lot of you might wonder why i always use mesquite when i grill using charcoal; well its because i think mesquite has a stronger flavor, that sometimes can be harsh when you smoke, but its awesome when you grill. You have to be careful because it burns hotter though. Of all the woods i have smoked with i prefer oak when i smoke (which i don't smoke with much cause its hard to find) and a close second would be hickory.

Ncage

P.S. I will let you know how they turn out.

Ok made them and they were ok....just not the best ive ever made before. So this will be probably one of those recipes i dont' make again. I did like the idea of bacon bits in the BBQ sauce...gave it a nice flavor. Real bacon would probably taste better but then you could not keep the bbq sauce for very long just like you can't when you put the reserved meat juices from your BBQ in it.

i made an herb turkey sausage and chicken (breasts) piccata-like dish, with mushrooms and rosemary. it was pretty darn good, and dw made orzo which went with it perfectly.

Tonight for tomorrow (monday for me) I am making tonight for DH my semblance of an Italian stuffed meatloaf. It'll have ham and cheddar in between the ground beef, and topped with bacon under the glaze. Think I might add balsamic vinegar to the glaze. If it works, I'll post a recipe if anybody's interested.

Today we had pizza. Tomorrow I'll be MIA here until next Sunday as the kids and I are going to visit my mom about 75 miles from here. My dad, who has chosen to work in Kuwait (long story) is here on R&R for 2 weeks, and he's never met my littlest one. SOOOO ... I get to deal with that. I've been asked while I'm there to make my 'infamous' shrimp scampi pasta.

Oh, and I've also been asked by DH to make a loaf of bread, so I'll get that going, too. Take care and c-ya'll on the flip side. ;)

Since I didn't get to cook my chicken Saturday, we had it last night. I fried it along with some squash. We also had rice, gravy, & biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom