"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
Just not up to doing a big meal. Chicken nuggets and fries it is. Ken and Kate are out at the moment so our dinner will be later than usual. I'll try for the lasagna tomorrow night.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #22
Senior Cook
Roman-Style Chicken

I got this recipe from Giada (Everyday Italian) on the Foodnetwork. LOVE THAT STATION! I think next time I'll tone down a bit on the oregano & thyme. Seems to me that a lot of these Foodnetwork recipes over-spice a bit. I always make it as is (except the salt) & then modify afterwards. I also served it with a side of red & gold new potatoes with EVOO & rosemary.

I'm stuffed but happy!!

Dancer in the kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
Master Chef
Well, this afternoon I popped into one of our local organic/gourmet food grocers, & they had some absolutely lovely fresh skate wing filets, so I bought a pound. Dredged them in flour seasoned with granulated garlic, freshly ground white pepper, & salt, & sauteed them quickly in half-&-half extra-virgin olive oil & butter. Transferred them to warm plates & added the juice from 1 lemon & about 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to the pan, along with a couple of extra pats of butter. Poured over the fish & served with a nice large mixed baby greens salad. Delicious!!
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #24
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by ncage1974
Apple City Barbecue Grand World Champion Ribs - Recipelink.com

Unfortunatly i did not have time to pull out the weber bullet smoker today. I had to much going on. I will just use my weber kettle and use charcoal & mesquite. A lot of you might wonder why i always use mesquite when i grill using charcoal; well its because i think mesquite has a stronger flavor, that sometimes can be harsh when you smoke, but its awesome when you grill. You have to be careful because it burns hotter though. Of all the woods i have smoked with i prefer oak when i smoke (which i don't smoke with much cause its hard to find) and a close second would be hickory.

P.S. I will let you know how they turn out.
Ok made them and they were ok....just not the best ive ever made before. So this will be probably one of those recipes i dont' make again. I did like the idea of bacon bits in the BBQ sauce...gave it a nice flavor. Real bacon would probably taste better but then you could not keep the bbq sauce for very long just like you can't when you put the reserved meat juices from your BBQ in it.
If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!!!
ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
i made an herb turkey sausage and chicken (breasts) piccata-like dish, with mushrooms and rosemary. it was pretty darn good, and dw made orzo which went with it perfectly.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #26
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
Tonight for tomorrow (monday for me) I am making tonight for DH my semblance of an Italian stuffed meatloaf. It'll have ham and cheddar in between the ground beef, and topped with bacon under the glaze. Think I might add balsamic vinegar to the glaze. If it works, I'll post a recipe if anybody's interested.

Today we had pizza. Tomorrow I'll be MIA here until next Sunday as the kids and I are going to visit my mom about 75 miles from here. My dad, who has chosen to work in Kuwait (long story) is here on R&R for 2 weeks, and he's never met my littlest one. SOOOO ... I get to deal with that. I've been asked while I'm there to make my 'infamous' shrimp scampi pasta.

Oh, and I've also been asked by DH to make a loaf of bread, so I'll get that going, too. Take care and c-ya'll on the flip side. ;)
Chef R
Life is too short not to enjoy good food.
mraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #27
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Since I didn't get to cook my chicken Saturday, we had it last night. I fried it along with some squash. We also had rice, gravy, & biscuits.

"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote