Sunday Supper, March 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moonglowlady

Assistant Cook
Going to roast pork with spicy/sugared apple wedges and thin sliced vidalias
Red cabbage (German style, sweet and sour) (store bought, add caraway)
pan-fried potatoes
gurkensalat

Dessert:
Girls Scout cookies, thin mints (it's that time of year, yay!)
Cherry ice cream (store bought)

Gurkensalat?
paper-thin slices of cucumber, marinated in sour cream or buttermilk, vinegar, dill and maybe chive
make first so that it will meld

Apple seasoning?
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
ginger
brown sugar, ground fine to a dusting

unpeeled wedges, toss to coat

Pan-fried potatoes?
unpeeled baby reds cut into 1/2 inch half moons
bacon fat/butter/olive oil
salt, pepper, chive

brown, then lower and cover till almost done
raise heat and sprinkle in chive, saute briefly before serving (to re-crisp)

Gotta go get the cukes going.
:cool:

moonglowlady, I love cukes prepared that way! I like slicing them long ways into paper thin ribbons too.

We are hoping it will warm up at least in the 60's today, kinda overcast, but we really want to grill! So far, the only thing I have planned is grilling shrimp and halved zucchinis! YUM!

Wishing you all a wonderful day! :chef:

Since we had Carson's birthday party yesterday, today, we are doing the easy things. I have a seafood salad,fruit salad and some asparagus to roast. Then Ham, roastbeef, salami and cheeses for paninni sandwiches. Have to mix up a blue cheese dressing for the roastbeef, the ham, sauce just some mayo and honey mustard, salami nothing just brush the breads outside with evoo..Picked up arugula, spinach,and dandilion for greens on the sandwiches..Dessert, make your own ice cream cones...:LOL:

kadesma

Spagetti and lupini (little clams?) with garlic, lemon, white wine and some heat! Ran out of parsley though :(

I am not sure if I'm going to work tonight or not. If I go, we will do a fridge clean out and add sandwiches to the mix. If not, I'm in the mood for lasagne.

Its just me tonight so I bought a couple of crab cakes from the seafood shop and I'll make a caesar salad to go with.

Chili dogs and ribs, baby! It's beautiful outside! I've been trying to eat healthy lately but the nice weather demands some good grilling.

I've made up a meat loaf using Jill's meatloaf recipe and will have mashed potatoes and maybe some green beans or broccoli.

Peppered Quorn steaks with mashed potato and steamed green beans. That is, if I'm not to buzzed to cook in a bit!

Eating unhealthy again - :ROFLMAO: Grilling skin on franks, raw fried potatoes, and coleslaw! Or if not taters, mac n cheese !

Last edited:
Bourbon...WT Kentucky Spirit
Venison Fry....Mississippi White tail
Smashed Tators..baked
Whole Green beans in evoo and garlic
Bread....Reisling French
Chocolate Ice Box...made at my house

a recipe from Cooking Light

Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce (will this curdle?)

I lost an hours sleep last night and I was up early this morning. I fed Jolie and then I thought about what to eat tonight. The other day I made a large container of soup and maybe I will have that with a salad and some dessert.

Roasted turkey legs with gravy and homemade stuffing, buttered peaches 'n cream corn and a dab of cranberry sauce. Probably leftover Valentine conversation hearts candy for dessert. We love those and make them last as long as we can.

I just seared a pork tenderloin and put it in the pressure cooker. If all goes well, it'll be nice and shredded in about a half hour. We plan on making red chile with it.

We will make hashbrowns, scrambled egg, beans and ham then wrap it up in a tortilla and pour red chile over the top.

Dessert will be double chocolate torte again.

Apple City Barbecue Grand World Champion Ribs

Apple City Barbecue Grand World Champion Ribs - Recipelink.com

Unfortunatly i did not have time to pull out the weber bullet smoker today. I had to much going on. I will just use my weber kettle and use charcoal & mesquite. A lot of you might wonder why i always use mesquite when i grill using charcoal; well its because i think mesquite has a stronger flavor, that sometimes can be harsh when you smoke, but its awesome when you grill. You have to be careful because it burns hotter though. Of all the woods i have smoked with i prefer oak when i smoke (which i don't smoke with much cause its hard to find) and a close second would be hickory.

Ncage

P.S. I will let you know how they turn out.

Made some boneless pork chops. To go with them I made a potato casserole. For a vegetable we had a can of white and yellow corn mixture. Very good.

It's warm enough that Kim is going to cook outside. Yay!!!!!

We're having grilled pork steaks, glazed at the last stage of cooking with my homemade oriental-style BBQ sauce, oven roasted potatoes and a salad.

Tonight's Menu:

A.H. Hirsch Bourbon before dinner.

Braised sweet & sour brisket with carrots.
Steamed new potatoes.
Steamed green beans.
1994 Chateau Angelus Grand Cru Classe.

Homemade butterscotch coconut pecan brownies for desert.

Back
Top Bottom