Sunday Supper May 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I've got a pork shoulder in the crock pot for BBQ sandwiches. Red skin potato salad for the side. It's really smelling good right now. Hope I can hold off until suppertime!:pig::yum:

I just finished simmering two small racks of lamb ribs, which are now bathed in a blanket of homemade spicy barbecue sauce. I made a mediumish batch of Cajun potato salad that should be chilled perfectly by the time we eat. Fresh tomatoes and iced tea or a couple cold brews will finish us off.

I was going to make a blackberry cobbler but, if we eat a little of everything else, we'll be stuffed. The cobbler will have to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow's the official holiday anyway. Isn't rationalization a beautiful thing?:rolleyes:

Honey BBQ meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn casserole.

I'm feeling like comfort food.

I'm making a crockpot spaghetti casserole which does not require that you cook the spaghetti noodles first. It's a recipe from someone here but I did not note the name when cut and pasted the recipe. It's a delicious dish so I thank you.

Garlic bread and a salad.

I'm making a crockpot spaghetti casserole which does not require that you cook the spaghetti noodles first. It's a recipe from someone here but I did not note the name when cut and pasted the recipe. It's a delicious dish so I thank you.

Garlic bread and a salad.

I've made something like that before in my crockpot. It was delicious and so easy to make.

We're going to grill some chicken leg quarters. I just made cole slaw for DH and will make a tomato/cucumber/avocado salad for me. Maybe some potato salad, too.

Sous Vide rib eye steak here, 122F for 4 hours, then a quick sear in my ribbed cast iron skillet. You guys don't think I use my Sous Vide very often but you are wrong.

Potatoes Franconio, maybe Google will find my own recipe. Nope, not in the top page ranks...

Slice a potato very into very thin slices. I leave the skin on but others may not like the rustic style. Keep the potato in a stack, don't separate the slices. Bake about an hour at 375F, butter the top as soon as butter melts, salt before serving.

Vegetables with that, maybe a salad too.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 202
I sound like a motor boat--- but but but b... I was out-voted, which is easier to accept than I was corrected. We are not having Lo Mein for dinner. We had Mom's potato salad recipe, Deli pastrami sandwiches with spicy mustard on caraway rye and strawberry angelfood dessert. For a hot day, I'd say this was pretty good.

Had some morels left and some leftover grilled sirloin, so I made stroganoff. Big green salad on the side.

Rocklobster, I gathered (what I thought was) fiddleheads one time. They tasted the way my gramma's Jergen's hand lotion smelled. Apparently not all the baby ferns you find in the woods are fiddleheads. :blink:

Last edited:
One-pan chicken breasts with mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes (from last year's garden). Seasoned with some fresh oregano, garlic, shallots and hot pepper flakes. No pasta or rice. It was quite tasty. I am looking forward to making it using fresh Swiss Chard from the garden.

Back
Top Bottom