Sunday Supper..Nov 23, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No inspiration from my house on a holiday week!

The very, very last of some vegetable beef with barley soup and a burger.

Thinking hot dogs with homemade green tomato relish, kraut, and mustard. Perhaps some doctored up canned baked beans.

Last edited:
I've pondered the menu for Poogan's Porch on and off for the last several days. Still not sure, but my eyes keep straying over to the duck breast. I'm tempted, but I'm afraid the meat is too rich ( read: fatty) for my liking. Decisions, decisions...

Himself's and my choices will be reported after dinner.

Yankee pot roast with carrots, roasted leeks, baked potatoes and mushrooms. The 'gravy' was the liquid, some of the carrots, mushrooms, and leeks whirled in the food processor.

Holy momma, my lips are on fire. I made spicy Thai noodles with shrimp. Great recipe, but next time I will remember to put vaseline on my lips before eating. WOW! Delicious but a bit spicy. Ken won't be eating THESE leftovers.

just a another average dinner 006.JPG
Tried a Mary's Organic whole Chicken from Whole Foods
with some Yukon Gold Potatoes, all coated in
McCormick's Herb de provence seasoning mix
mccormick.jpg
I steamed some fresh Green Beans rather than the Baby Carrots
called for on the packet
The smell in the house is OUTRAGEOUS!!

(I know this gal who lives in Rome and she said that
one should have any cooking smells in their apartment,
WHAT?!)

We ended up having creamed chicken (leftover shredded chicken breast with onion, celery, mushrooms and peas) on mashed taters. Tasty comfort food.

Last edited:
I love buying a jar of green salsa verde and mixing it with some sour cream. I simmer that on the stove and cook either fish or chicken in it. Sometimes I add broth. Tonight it was chicken. Along with Roasted Parsnips, Tomatoes and Pimento Olives which I had made earlier in the day.

Last edited:
Finally reporting on dinner. Himself was the adventurous one tonight. His dinner was "WILD CAUGHT ROASTED CATFISH ~
Red rice risotto with sausage and okra, roasted tomato butter" while I had the "ALL NATURAL FRIED CHICKEN ~
Boneless, skin on chicken breast from Springer Mt. Farm, butter whipped potatoes, green beans, sage gravy". Both were excellent. All that was left on our plates was..nothing! We did refrain from licking the plates, though.

Back
Top Bottom