Sunday - Valentine's Eve - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grilled everything tonight...NY strip steaks, a baked potato plain for me and a sweet potato for him, along with grilled cabbage.

I made 25 eggrolls earlier to put in the freezer and had leftover cabbage and this was my first time grilling it...it turned out great!! Love that there are virtually no dishes in the sink lol.

Tomorrow he is cooking dinner, cant wait to see what he comes up with :)

What?! No one eating dinner today? We are.

Tonight's fare includes short ribs of beef slowly cooked in red wine-tomato sauce with garlic and onions, hash brown casserole, Italian green beans, iced tea, and blackberry pie a la mode.

What is on the table at your house?

Oh ya we had marinaded boneless pork loin with a pesto pasta salad and cream style corn. The marinade was one I came up with rasberry vinagrette with peach preserves and honey it's very good.

We had braised pork roast with prunes. Recipe was in this month's Costo Connection Mag. It was fabulous. Changed it up a bit as the recipe calls for a butt or shoulder roast. Pork sirloin roasts were on sale so........... and I also didn't have any Port, so used some other sweet wines along with the brandy called for. Had Garlic Mashed and steamed cauliflower with mustard cheese sauce, House Salad, and fresh artisan bread. I think we will have ice cream for dessert. I was too busy to make a dessert, as I made the grilled chicken poblano chowder and artisan bread for sharing tomorrow at work! It was a big kitchen day for me today!

I made Mark a BLT with chips and a big pickle on the side.... nothing fancy. I had a pizza wrap, using a sun-dried tomato/basil tortilla, pepper-jack cheese, sauce and some baby spinach.

Everything sounds Fantastic!! Beautiful salad UB!! Very cute heart cookies Kathleen!! I love coconut cookies!!

Our dinner:
“Potted” London broil (nicely seasoned on both sides London broil, place in heavy bottom pot and brown on both sides in butter, remove to tray. Add sliced onion and mushroom caps to pot and sauté till mushrooms give up liquid and loosen the brown bits from pot. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 soup can of burgundy wine, 1/2 soup can water and 1/2 soup can milk and mix well. Place meat back in pot and simmer till tender. Remove meat and add small amount of sour cream to pot gravy and stir well just before serving), buttered cauliflower steamed in a Zip-N-Steam microwave bag, baby spinach chopped and pan steamed then squeezed out and warmed with butter, mashed potatoes and the burgundy wine, onion & mushroom pot gravy.

img_969391_0_06691bbb7466bea548b05f54144752bd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom