Sunday What's Cooking? 5/15/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm making pimento cheese this morning, just waiting for the pimentos to thaw, then on to the burger for pimento cheeseburger. Who says I can't have a burger for breakfast?

What are you cooking today (or not)?:chef:

Smoke'n some beef ribs and pork spares. Found some real meaty Flintstone ribs and can't wait for this afternoon when they are done. Kids will be happy.

I'll be making that green bean stew Andy posted a few days ago. Perfect day for it, cold and rainy. I better get going on a loaf if bread for it, too.

I'm stuffing a flank steak with a feta and spinach stuffing. We'll have roasted potatoes with it.

Hot dogs, mac salad, green salad, sweet corn on the cob, kraut and baked beans.

Maple-glazed roasted turkey (it's too big for the BBQ so had to go with plan B and want to use up some of last year's maple syrup), cranberry salsa, don't know what for veggies, and either a rhubarb pie or a rhubarb crisp for dessert--I haven't decided yet. It is damp, cold, and rainy. I have a small fire on the woodstove to get the chill out of the farmhouse.

Last edited:
That stew is going to be looking real good now...
My neighbor/friend just came over and his daughter had a party last night at their house and one thing lead to another... and now I have to see if we can get his daughter's boyfriend's truck AND my buddy's tractor unstuck from the marshy area on the back of my property. And of course it's pouring outside, lol.

I cooked breakfast with my fiance this morning, blueberry pancakes and spinach and feta omelettes, grapes and strawberries

Dinner.. nacho's probably.

Breakfast was cheese omelets, sausage and cinnamon bagels. Later I am going to roast a stuffed chicken. It feels like winter here today. 10:00 and we are not quite up to 40f. Shouldn't be a problem to have the oven on!!!

Sunday Brunch - Pear and mango salad with creme fraiche, Monte Cristos, strawberry preserves, and mimosas

Sunday Dinner - Pork roast, mashed potatoes, pork gravy, canned peas (purchased especially for the occasion), and a large glass of milk, just like Mama used to make. No, EXACTLY like Mama used to make!

Ma's Sunday will be Salami rolled around cream cheese and chives with a drained pepperonchini in the center, stuffed peppadew's, strawberry crostini, dinner iis my dads beans with pintos, onion, garlic,bacon brown sugar, french bread warm with butter a salad of romaine and salad goodies
kadesma

i think i'll see if this 'lil place that sells polish food is open, get some polish sausage of some sort. got a bag of kraut already,& i've many a potato. i need to get some incense from them, anyhow. suppose i'll venture on over there & see that that've got for today.

We did an Asian buffet and grill after church so we'll keep it simple and do the leftover thing for supper when we can move again!

Hot dogs (fried on my cast iron stove top grill pan) no buns, mac salad, sweet white corn on the cob, kraut and doctored baked beans.

img_1000466_0_ac870a2fec0db768921c90e51cf86e54.jpg

A woman and her dogs :LOL:
A little mustard on that plate and I'd be all set.

Here's my bread. If the insides are as good as I think the outside is, it will be my best loaf yet. Probably because I was in a hurry to form it. The stew is a simmering.

Attachments

• french bread.jpg
    french bread.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 208

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom