"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 09-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
I made black beans and ham in the CP last night, DH proclaimed it the best ever this morning! That, with rice, and some roasted cherry toms. What are you having?

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Master Chef
I threw some chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of crushed pineapple and a bottle of Russian dressing. I've got some rice cooking right now so dinner will happen soon.

I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Really feel like some soup tonight, it's a blustery rainy day here, though the sun is trying to make an appearance. Going to go see what I can scare up.
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Tuna Melts!!!
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef
Grilling. The kitchen's too clean to mess it up with dinner.

Pork tenderloin and roasted reds and a veggie.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
I just got a lamb burger ready for the grill; all mixed with diced red onions, mint, oregano and stuffed with feta cheese. I'll also be sautéing some Brussels sprouts and making soup.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Executive Chef
Oven roasted beef, baked potato, yorkshire pudding, salad of sorts with cucumber, grape tomatoes, avocado, sweet peppers, and blue cheese dressing. For dessert we had mulled apple cider. It was so good and not nearly as much work as I expected. Sprout did the baked potatoes. I don't know why I thought a beef roast in the oven would be difficult or take too long, it was pretty easy. I'm deffinitely going to have to make the yorkshire pudding again. That stuff is good! I'm thinking I might try popovers only a sweet version for a dessert in the near future. They seem like they would be good with heavy whiped cream and preserves.
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Executive Chef
I just had a repeat of some hanky pankies --mini sausage/ burger/ cheese sandwiches on deli rye from earlier today, along with a defrosted /oven heated grilled boneless chicken breast and a couple beanie size tomatoes.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
Master Chef
Finally got around to making this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad using the homemade Buttermilk Ranch dressing from this recipe on that same blog. I think the dressing (made about a week ago) took longer than the potato salad! Oh, it was worth the work - I will be making this version again. And again... Paired the potato salad with hot dogs steamed in beer (had half a bottle of flat Bass left over from my crockpot bratwurst last week) and the last of a huge batch of baked beans with added bacon I made a while back. Couldn't find any hot dog buns except for the split-top kind and I consider those usable for a seafood salad only - they're too gummy for hot dogs IMO. We just used sliced Panera homestyle white bread and it was great!
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
I had a book club meeting here starting at 3 p.m. and made Greek meatballs, tzatziki, pita chips and assorted fresh veggies for that, so I wasn't very hungry. So we had leftovers: one chicken thigh each and some veggie pasta salad.

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote