Sunday's dinner is bonny and blithe (and good and happy)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO:Did learn s/thing from that shrimp-eating binge--not recommended to do the day before having bloodwork done measuring one's cholesterol level.

I've been told it takes 5-6 weeks for your diet to impact your cholesterol reading. So I guess you should expect it to be even higher in 5-6 weeks. :angel:

I've been told it takes 5-6 weeks for your diet to impact your cholesterol reading. So I guess you should expect it to be even higher in 5-6 weeks. :angel:
I just know my mom's bloodwork following her 66-shrimp binge came back with high cholesterol.

Oh--I forgot about that recipe, PF. I have everything except the chicken...well, unless you count the ones in the yard! (No, I'm NOT going to cull the flock, I don't care how yummy this salad is!)

Try it with tuna? or pork? And this is PF's Salad, not Myrtle's...:ermm:

Here is my dinner and an example of the steaks we sell at the deli. These are AAA Angus Reserve Rib eyes. We usually cut them about 14 ounces for the case, but will custom cut whatever the customer wants....

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 170
I have a pork loin roasting on the grill along with some red potatoes cut up and tossed with oil and seasonings.

Here is my dinner and an example of the steaks we sell at the deli. These are AAA Angus Reserve Rib eyes. We usually cut them about 14 ounces for the case, but will custom cut whatever the customer wants....

Gorgeous steaks, Rock!

Kelly Bennet, one of the chefs at Scoma's in San Francisco, was kind enough to share this recipe with me:

Snapper Romano and farfalle with tomato shrimp sauce, broccoli and cauliflower florets, and a 2009 Sensual Torrontés Mendoza

Is that the same thing as a spenser steak? It looks the same to me. The spenser steak I bought at Mourelatos was labelled: FAUX FILET SPENSER STEAK.

That's what we had for supper. I boiled some organic potatoes (the first ones of this year's crop) and steamed some broccoli. I made a pan sauce with some garlic, minced red onion (I didn't have any shallots), red wine, vegi stock, butter, and cream. I had to add some fish sauce and Worcestershire to pump up the flavour, but then it was pretty danged good. We had it with Mommessin's Cuvée Saint Pierre red.

Sometimes I do the same thing. And sometimes it's not so intentional.
I ordered some shrimp online once that were supposed to have been flash frozen and came in one solid block. Even I can't eat 10 lbs of shrimp at one sitting.

I'm having pinoy pork BBQ, Mexican slaw and grilled corn on the cob. I might through some courgettes herbes de Provence in the mix, too.

Crack me up, Pac! No, we didn't have 10 lbs of shrimp. :LOL:

Yeah, nothing like peeling 10 lbs of shrimp in one sitting.

I'm having pinoy pork BBQ, Mexican slaw and grilled corn on the cob. I might through some courgettes herbes de Provence in the mix, too.

Attachments

• grilled pinoy, corn, zucch2.jpg
    grilled pinoy, corn, zucch2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 174
Is that the same thing as a spenser steak? It looks the same to me. The spenser steak I bought at Mourelatos was labelled: FAUX FILET SPENSER STEAK.

That's what we had for supper. I boiled some organic potatoes (the first ones of this year's crop) and steamed some broccoli. I made a pan sauce with some garlic, minced red onion (I didn't have any shallots), red wine, vegi stock, butter, and cream. I had to add some fish sauce and Worcestershire to pump up the flavour, but then it was pretty danged good. We had it with Mommessin's Cuvée Saint Pierre red.
I guess it is the same thing, really. Rib eye. We had a stuffe zuke with mozzerella, tomatoes and stuff. St. Agur cheese to top it off.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 186
I made Mediterranean meatballs with fresh parsley and mint - yummy! I also made couscous with roasted bell peppers and red onion, dressed with red-wine vinaigrette, and toasted Italian bread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom