Sunday's Dinner November 9, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Crock Pot chicken with all the trimmings. It's drizzly outside today so it's a perfect day for some comfort food. Probably make some smashed taters and gravy, and defrost some of the green beans from the garden.

JoeV

I'm going to scavenge today. I took some cooked chicken out of the freezer last night and will make nachos supreme out of it, after I get a couple tomatoes for the pico. I took out some ABTs, too. so I'll reheat those sometime today. And even though I just finished breakfast with lots of bacon, as I was watching it cook I thought to myself, I could go for a BLT today.... So I think I'll be eating this and that all day and whatever gets eaten last will be considered dinner.

sounds like a good day, pacanis ...
lets see .. making two beer can chickens .. one for dinner and the
other might turn into brunswick stew this week .. if not maybe
chicken noodle soup .. mac and cheese .. cornbread stuffing ..
mashed red skin taters .. corn on the cob and a salad ..
soem kind of bread .. not sure yet ..
lots of football and a few beers ..

Andy M. inspired me to try and cook Osso Bucco, served with polenta. So there you go! That is what we are having!

I am going to attempt to make homemade pizza! I have never made pizza dough, so this should be interesting:LOL:I'll make two pizzas, one with the traditional tomato sauce & cheese, the other will have spinach, mushrooms, garlic & maybe onions which I will saute in olive oil first............thats as far as I have gotten so far:LOL: the ingredients may change as the day goes by!;)

We try to let everyone have a say in what they like to eat at our Sunday dinners...So it was Ethans turn his picks were, paninni sandwiches with get this choice of meats, pastrami,salami, ham, mortadella and cheeses. I picked up some provolone, cheddar, and swiss to go with the meats as well as some spinach and arugula for those who want it...Then he decided on mac and cheese, green salad with lots of tomatoes, some apple and maybe a few strawberries on the side for him..Pe pick a bag of potato chips and our shopping was done..He gave his mom the job of dessert so only G knows what it will be:)
kadesma Happy Sunday everyone

Changed my mind... We snacked all day on guacamole, homemade tortilla chips, hummus and veggies. For dinner I just made some bruschetta with pesto and sauteed artichoke hearts on top...

Roast pork (tenderloin), potatoes, carrots and onions tossed with evoo, balsamic vinegar and some beef OXO, green bean casserole (I've been craving it), and likely a big caesar salad. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Someone suggested a maple/dijon glaze for the pork but I can't stand any of that stuff. Think I could make it up and just have it on the side for those who want to try it?

Not sure what we are having tonight as DH says he is "taking care of it". I would settle for leftovers of yesterdays successful experiment of a sausage penne casserole, but we will see.

Andy M. inspired me to try and cook Osso Bucco, served with polenta. So there you go! That is what we are having!

On second thought, Sattie, if I bring you a calabrese sausage and some of the spices you like from here can we come to your house for dinner?

I am making an apple chicken dish. I have some long grain rice too, not sure what I will do with that. Maybe just cook and then put the chicken on top of it. I'm going to use EVOO instead of the veg oil so that it isn't as fat.

Shrimp and/or Oyster Po-boy (I'll have a small one of each)....
A Bowl of Seafood Gumbo......
Plain Chocolate cake with a dollop of Kool-whip.......
Coffee......

On second thought, Sattie, if I bring you a calabrese sausage and some of the spices you like from here can we come to your house for dinner?

Absolutely!!! I would LOVE to have ya!!!!! It would be nice for someone other that DH to rave about my cooking!!!! (Ok, he HAS to rave about it or he gets a big boot to the buttocks!!!) :ROFLMAO:

this morning I put fixins in the crock pot for a chili...just tested the progress, it is HOT, guess I still haven't gotten the hang of my hot banana peppers:huh:

when I get up from a nap, will make a buttermilk, whole wheat cornbread, maybe two, to cut the chili:LOL:

and the udder beverage:)

I am making an apple chicken dish. I have some long grain rice too, not sure what I will do with that. Maybe just cook and then put the chicken on top of it. I'm going to use EVOO instead of the veg oil so that it isn't as fat.

That looks and sounds really good, Stacy.
I made (fried) some pork chops once and used apple juice to make an onion gravy, it was pretty tasty. I think I'll bookmark this recipe for later.

I just finished making the pico. Taking a breather now after fighting with the bathroom drain all morning.... and it's still clogged. Thankfully it's not the important bathroom drain :-p

chicken wings are thawing. hope i have enough for two days.salad i know with dried cherries, a honey sesame dressing and fried won ton wrappers. other than that i don't know.

cold and rainy here in so Calif. doesn't make me want to cook, just makes me want to take a nap.

I ate a pizza thing from work on my way home so I'm stuffed..
I think the kids will have the leftover pulled pork sandwiches my Dad sent home with us last night.

Back
Top Bottom