Sunday's menu - 24th of June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Where has the month gone to!?!?

Looking at 3 dinasaur bones of beef with lots of meat. How to cook... hmm, how to cook.. Not a big fan of BBQ Sauce, maybe I'll braise them in some Garlic/Honey Sauce.

Have some last of the bag of potatoes might give them a zap and finish on the grill.

Watercress, sliced radishes, canned 3 bean mix, with a bit of celery and last of a cob?

Might save some of the sauce for a bunch of chicken legs - perhaps throw those on the grill with the sauce for after.

decisions - decisions - decisions...

Have y'all made up your menu yet?

I have a ribeye from the freezer I'll cook tonight. Tater Tots and salad for me. Salad for SO. "key" lime pie for dessert.

Made Orange Chicken w/asparagus.. Served over rice..

Cherry pie for later..

Ross

Attachments

• Orange Chicken.jpg
    Orange Chicken.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 149
I just got to my hotel in Florida. They gave me a goodie-bag with a bag of Cheetoes and a Twinkie. It is the first Twinkie I have eaten since the 70s.

Not sure what I want to eat in the way of actual food.

CD

We haven't cooked all weekend and we are eating well. Today was GS 2nd BD. They made grilled burgers and dogs, mixed veggie green salad, chips, and ice cream and cake. Fun

I just got to my hotel in Florida. They gave me a goodie-bag with a bag of Cheetoes and a Twinkie. It is the first Twinkie I have eaten since the 70s.

Not sure what I want to eat in the way of actual food.

CD

That's interesting. Which hotel was that?

Clams and spaghetti, side of nuked asparagus. I picked up 3 lbs. of littlenecks from the local seafood shop, served over fresh spaghetti. Doesn't get any better than this.

Japanese, my daughter cooked, okinomaki and fried panko chicken. The vege pancake is unbelievable. With Japanese BBQ sauce and mayo. 10/10

Russ

That's interesting. Which hotel was that?

Sleep Inn in Sarasota. I am a Choice Hotels platinum something or other, so they give me stuff when I stay in one of their hotels. I have about a week's worth of free rooms accumulated.

A few months ago, Hertz upgraded me to a Jaguar for free -- I didn't even ask for it.

I have over 100K in American Airlines miles, and I can't seem to get anything with that -- not even a bag of Cheetoes and a Twinkie.

CD

Clams and spaghetti, side of nuked asparagus. I picked up 3 lbs. of littlenecks from the local seafood shop, served over fresh spaghetti. Doesn't get any better than this.

Do you get your clams live and purge them? I love littlenecks, but hate sand. When I'm up there in the right months, I always get some littlenecks, but it is hard to find restaurants that purge their clams.

CD

I had another big scoop of the garbanzo/quinoa/fruit/veggie salad I made yesterday morning...tomorrow will be day 3 it's almost gone. :LOL: Watermelon on the side.

Ross - your orange chicken and asparagus dish looks good! Princess, I copied and saved the avocado/taco salad link you posted. So pretty, and sounds delish. :yum:

Last edited:
Sleep Inn in Sarasota. I am a Choice Hotels platinum something or other, so they give me stuff when I stay in one of their hotels. I have about a week's worth of free rooms accumulated.

A few months ago, Hertz upgraded me to a Jaguar for free -- I didn't even ask for it.

I have over 100K in American Airlines miles, and I can't seem to get anything with that -- not even a bag of Cheetoes and a Twinkie.

CD

do you use Trip Advisor to help decide on restaurants?

do you use Trip Advisor to help decide on restaurants?

Well, I use sites like Trip Advisor and Yelp to get a list together, and then do further research. People who comment on those kinds of sites often have an agenda -- good and bad. I don't completely trust what I read from them.

I am going to show my list the the local guys I'll be working with tomorrow, and get their opinions. Whenever possible, I try to talk to the locals wherever I go. I've worked with these guys before, and they are good guys. I am making some serious coin the next few days, so I'll probably take the guys out for some food and beers before I go back home.

CD

Back
Top Bottom