Sunday's Supper 1/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That club sounds like a great idea. How do you figure out who cooks what? Do you take turns having it at various members homes?

That cake is gorgeous. Tell us how you like it.
We have it at a different member's house every month - though we're thinking of changing it to every other month, since we're all involved in a lot of activities and it's sometimes difficult to work out schedules. The couple hosting it choose the theme and make the main meal. Other couples are assigned various courses, which rotate at every get together: appetizers, first course, and dessert. Plus everyone brings a beverage, usually wine or beer, to pair with their assigned course.

Everyone was complimentary about the cake, though if I'm being honest, I thought it was a tad dry. But I've found the same thing with other flourless cakes (or mostly flourless, in this case). If I make it again, I would probably bake it for just a little less time to see if it would retain more of the moisture. The flavor was good overall and the ganache icing really stole the show. :yum:

Last edited:
We had decided to have tuna salad sandwiches. It wasn't until I started making the tuna salad that I realized we didn't have any Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, so I had to improvise. It turned out just as good and the sandwiches (on a good multi-grain bread with lots of different seeds in and on it) were delicious. What I substituted for the Miracle Whip was about 2/3 tarter sauce and 1/3 ranch dressing. :yum:

Sunday gravy with meatballs, sausage and chuck roast. Garlic rolls and macaroni.

Craig

PPO, do you have a video of your Bibimbap? I Googled the word and it's looks sooooooooooooooo labor intensive!!

I have an old one that is not very good. I need to update it.

But really it is a way to use up leftovers. Just make up a sauce put it and veggies over rice. One of the "new" ways to make it is more of a salad.

Dolsot BiBimBap

Thanks PPO.

Steve said
"Everyone was complimentary about the cake, though if I'm being honest, I thought it was a tad dry. But I've found the same thing with other flourless cakes (or mostly flourless, in this case). If I make it again, I would probably bake it for just a little less time to see if it would retain more of the moisture. The flavor was good overall and the ganache icing really stole the show."

Steve, I didn't mention before when I had it in Vienna it was a very dry cake, and I wasn't quite sure why it was so famous as I certainly had tasted better chocolate cakes. Just wanted you to know that it seems to be the nature of the original cake, and nothing you did wrong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom