Sunday's Supper 9/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Hello friends,

Track practice, baseball practice and of course the dreaded laundry pile to tackle today. The Manning brothers are playing each other today, so my men will be watching football . . . GO GIANTS!

I saw a recipe for stuffed pork tenderloin on a show called "Judie Byrd's Kitchen" recently that I'm trying today. I'll make some roasted red potato wedges and a salad of graden tomatoes and cucumbers.

Happy Sunday:chef:

I have a piece of shoulder steak that is London Broil in this part of the country. I'm going to marinate it and cook it after the Patriots/Jets game.

Go Pats!!

Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup

Today, we are having some blustery fall-like weather here in Northern California, which has made me feel like making soup. After looking through my recipe files I found a Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup that I have not tried before. With the soup I am going to serve some focaccia bread. I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday.:)

I have a piece of shoulder steak that is London Broil in this part of the country. I'm going to marinate it and cook it after the Patriots/Jets game.

Go Pats!!

How are you going to cook/serve your LB Andy?

I have never had good luck with them.They always come out very chewy.I gave up on them years ago.Maybe I should try again to remember why I don't cook them.

I will marinate the steak shortly then grill it to a medium rare. The key is to slice thin slices from the steak and serve it sliced.

In some parts of the USA, london broils is made from flank steak. This is another potentially tough cut. Same rules apply. Cook medium to MR and slice thinly across the grain of the meat.

I made a flank steak for last night's dinner. I marinated it in red wine, soy sauce, some chopped garlic, and ginger. Also some chopped onions. I fried it (using a small amount of olive oil) for about 6 mins on each side. it came out perfectly. I think it was in the marinade for about 2-21/2 hours.

We are having stuffed baked potatoes (options include ham, broccoli, cheese, bacon, sour cream, salsa) and salads.

I will marinate the steak shortly then grill it to a medium rare. The key is to slice thin slices from the steak and serve it sliced.

In some parts of the USA, london broils is made from flank steak. This is another potentially tough cut. Same rules apply. Cook medium to MR and slice thinly across the grain of the meat.

That's what I have doen in the past.You are probably getting better beef where you are.

Put a couple of 6 pound boston butts on the smoker this morning. Been going low and slow all day. The aroma is working on me big time...deep mahogany brown bark...about 1/2 inch of blade bone showing...almost ready to pull.

Along with that we are having:
Deli rolls for pulled pork sammies
Aunt Karen's BBQ Beans
Baked Mac and Cheese
Mixed greens salad
Chocolate pound cake

Frank ground some beef chuck to make very lean burgers that were grilled. He also grilled hotdogs. We had chips with dip, and leftover macaroni with tomatoes. Tail-gating for Sunday football. It was yummy!

~Kathleen

We went out for Chinese last night, so we're having leftovers. Husband requested the famous Sesame Noodles to go with the leftovers.

.40......I'd love to be at your house tonight, I can smell that pork from here!!

Dinner was 3 Silver dollar pumpkin pancakes (topped with sugar free strawberry preserves, sugar free maple flavor syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon), 1 scrambled egg, hot pepper rings and tomato salad.

img_921200_0_3756edeccfefa3971f1aba35fcf698f7.jpg

img_921200_1_6bdcd68a562849a1f9ee4b603131324e.jpg

I made DH and Dad some baby back ribs in my quick and tasty BBQ sauce with baked potatoes and the last of the snap peas. I have been feeling fluish so I had a baked potato and a meal replacement drink.

Back
Top Bottom