Sunday's Supper January 11th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had Costco samples, and DH had to get the turkey provolone sandwich on our way out.

Well I ate uncharacteristically lightly since I went out to a carvery for lunch (excellent roast dinner).

I bought a slice of bakewell tart that I spread some of my baked apple puree on (just halving cooking apples and baking them on a high heat till they go to mush) with a cup of tea (how British!). Banana and milk later.

Okay, it's a pop quiz today! Who can name these (not very tasty looking) items, which are slowly simmering in water as we speak, and which will form the main component of today's dinner?

Hint: They are supposed to be "zeppelin" shaped but I didn't do a very good job of that!

Are they Kluski (aka Kluska) dumplings? Or possibly Lithuanian Cepelinai?

EDIT: Never mind.... Aunt Bea got it.

We had baked chicken breasts with thyme and cranberry glaze, extra (canned) cranberry sauce on the side, mashed taters, and garlicky Brussels sprouts.

Sesame chicken, stir fried sesame string beans and jasmine rice

img_1406111_0_05e6dc18831e91411100bedc05ef0d25.jpg

We had Costco samples, and DH had to get the turkey provolone sandwich on our way out.

:LOL:

------------

msmofet, that looks so good!

Steve, that could pass for the fish in traditional fish and chip dinners.

Katy, I was going to guess something like Gefilte fish! I guess I get the prize for the most epically failed guess! ;)

Dinner tonight was salad, but nibbled all day on raw cauliflower and dip, anti-pasta types of things, etc.

Well, this was certainly a potato dumpling, but the stuffing is entirely different.

Having just attempted to eat it, I can now declare it absolutely revolting! Had to throw most of it out after a couple of bites! :sick: My brother is manfully trying to finish his, but he won't mind if I never make it again - and there is no danger of that! :LOL:

Ohhhhhhhh Katy I think I know what you're talking about with those dumplings...revolting in your words and mine too. As a child, I was served one by a German relative with flourishing pomp and it was like trying to chew nasty chewing gum that continued to grow in my mouth. Patooie!!:w00t2:
I spit it into my napkin and she was highly offended.

Our dinner tonight was grilled rib eye steaks with baked potatoes and steamed broccolini.

Finally turned the chicken stock I made a couple days ago into a real garbage veggie soup. Carrots, celery, green beans, tomato, zucchini, shredded chicken breast, ditalini, and...kale. Himself said it was good in spite of the kale. :LOL: I made a big pot so that we have something for later in the week when we get home from Pittsburgh.

Attachments

• 2015-01-11 22.14.55.jpg
    2015-01-11 22.14.55.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 175
I think the important thing is to eat fat, carbs, whatever in moderation and appropriately.
Fat in itself is not a problem, excess fat over a month, two months diet is a problem.

My opinion anyway.

I think the important thing is to eat fat, carbs, whatever in moderation and appropriately.
Fat in itself is not a problem, excess fat over a month, two months diet is a problem.

My opinion anyway.

It's just like everything in life except for time with family and friends, and helping others, ALL IN MODERATION.. I love relaxing with a glass of whiskey and a good cigar, but I only have 2 cigars a year and maybe 2 glasses of whiskey a week. But when I do enjoy them things, I make sure I enjoy them, I'll put an old album on dim the lights when the kids are sleeping and sit back with my feet up...

My opinion anyway.
Trans fats being the exception, i.e. they ARE a problem with their link to heart disease.

Back
Top Bottom