'sup? Dinner 4/28/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Baking some cod chunks with clementine juice (we're out of limes) and butter, with carrots and rosemary bread. What are you having?

SO and I had a tossed salad and cheeseburgers. Mine was a jumbo with Gruyere cheese, green chilies, onion, tomato and mayonnaise.

Last day of meatballs. Making a new batch of chicken flavored soup... I will enjoy a bowl of soup with fresh squeezed lemon.

We went to a fundraiser for the school system foundation - Edibles for Education. There were 30 restaurants offering yummy treats. We could only manage 15, although I confess I returned to the table with the dark chocolate cupcakes.

I'd love to get my hands on a dark chocolate cupcake. Really dark chocolate is my downfall. Yummy!

My kind of dinner, Rock. That reminds me I haven't made Mexican Bruschetta in a while. Soon.

I had wings & veggies with Ranch.

Attachments

• Cajun wings.jpg
    Cajun wings.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 158
Spike came early tonight with a heavy bag in tow. He told me to take what I wanted and he would take the rest home. I brought it out to the kitchen an took it out of the bag. It was a humongous apple pie. I was really good. I took one slightly below average slice and then put the cover back on.

His SIL went to a charity function last night and wanted Spike to bring me a big tray of cinnamon rolls, Danishes..... etc. He almost had a heart attack.

"Are you crazy? She is borderline diabetic and you want me to give her all this? Eat it yourself!" The apple pie was more than enough for my supper without her generous offering. :angel:

Roch and Pac, you guys are making me crazy. Those meals look soooo good.

I'm having a bit of scrounge. I went to the vet to pick up some more pain reliever for Shreddy and picked up some munchables: cheeses, pate, soprassetta, and halvah.

Stirling finished off the leftovers from our Indian meal.

We are having cheeseburgers. It's a beautiful day here, so they will be cooked on the grill. ( not that we don't grill in the rain, just feels like a grill day) We'll have some potato chips on the side.

Good lookin' dinners, pac and Rock. :yum:

I'm steaming an artichoke now, that will be plenty for me this evening. :)

I made okonomiyaki. Besides the cabbage and eggs, I added some asparagus, garlic chives, scallops, and bacon. I used grated taro root to help bind it. Topped with wasabi mayo, benito flakes, and homemade okonomi sauce. Dessert was cubes of fresh dragon fruit. I have enough okonomiyaki left for breakfast, lunch, supper, and breakfast again. Very filling, fast and easy to make. I've read okonomiyaki is a common bento box choice.

I swear we'll never run out of leftovers! I made salads and turned mine into a dinner salad, using up the last of the grilled steak and chicken. Himself had the rest of his calzone from Friday and a big plate of fresh green beans. One last day of leftovers, but I'm thinking of cooking "fresh" tomorrow as a break. :LOL:

I swear we'll never run out of leftovers! I made salads and turned mine into a dinner salad, using up the last of the grilled steak and chicken. Himself had the rest of his calzone from Friday and a big plate of fresh green beans. One last day of leftovers, but I'm thinking of cooking "fresh" tomorrow as a break. :LOL:

After cooking for a family for so many years, it can take a long time learning to cook for just two. :angel:

Oh I've figured out how to cook for two Addie. These are "planned leftovers". Sometimes I just plan too big! :LOL: I would have shuffled some of these things to the freezer early on except for the fact that the freezer is a bit full...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom