Sup, Sup, Suppertime - Wednesday Jan 10, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the blizzard, I've cleared off the patio so I can get to my grill, raked the roof in anticipation of the upcoming rains, and am now ready to enjoy a grilled dinner. Marinated steak tips on the grill, Lundbergs wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms, roasted brussel sprouts.

After 2 balmy days, we are in for another polar plunge tomorrow. I did not get to grill either day, including today.

I made a pork chop, small casserole scalloped potatoes and buttered corn for dinner.

I guess everyone is fasting, tonight.

I sautéed some shrimps in garlic butter, and gave them a light dusting of cayenne pepper. I served them on a bed of fried rice.

CD

Attachments

• ShrimpRice800-600-2.jpg
    ShrimpRice800-600-2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 196
We went out for lunch today...fish and chips at our favorite ocean side restaurant, so we just grazed for dinner. What a beautiful bright sunny day after all the rain....outa here now and headed east..it was a doozie so watch out.

I guess everyone is fasting, tonight...
Nah, just late to the (posting) table. :cool:

We are back in MA, but on our way home we stopped at our favorite deli in Vernon, CT. Rein's is your typical good Jewish deli; reminds us of the iconic Corky and Lenny's back in the Cleveland area. Anyway, we split an order of their delicious onion rings (I grab the little ones right away) and we each had a Reuben. Himself's was with pastrami, mine was with corned beef. Lots of half-sour pickles on the side. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180110_191612.jpg
    20180110_191612.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 140
We had burgers and chips ( fries for none Brits) and lettuce, everyone loved it and we were stuffed and happy.

We had burgers (no buns), steamed baby spinach, mashed and gravy.

lentil soup

I want to share with us a quick recipe of lentil soup.
I liked it a lot.
Ingredients :in addition to lentil you need of these elements:
olive oli, a clove garlic, three small tomatoes, grated carrots, celery cut into cubes and butter.

PREPARATION :

fry celery and carrots in oil, after you have to add lentil, some water, tomatoes without skin and butter.
Finally, cover with a lid and cook over low heat.
If you prefer, you can add small sized pasta after boiling it.
Enjoy your meal!

I seasoned chicken cutlets with Penzeys Greek Seasoning and pan-fried them, and browned sliced Halloumi cheese and served it spritzed with lemon juice. I also made Greek lemon and oregano potatoes and tomatoes simmered with green beans, onions, garlic and oregano. Good stuff :yum:
0110181955d.jpg

Oooops, wrong thread. Nothing to see here. Move along.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom