Super Bowl Meal anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's a Chris Martin, and what's a Cold Play, GG? :LOL: Can't get the video to play for me.

Lady Gaga's rendition of the National Anthem was great, though. She has a great vocal range.

Last edited:
Kay, this scares me. I still can't think of any Coldplay songs I can sing along to.

Dawg, in my generation of memorable folk songs by some of the greatest artists, Cold Play with Chris Martin is right at the top with "When I Ruled the World". I bet you just don't know who sang it.

This is a puzzlement to me, Kay. I can sing just about any song from any band from the '40s through the '90s.

You just don't want to hear me sing them.

Last edited:
Did someone say Souper Bowl?

Kayelle, I remember Coldplay more for their "Clocks". Someone I once knew online connected the "Rule the World" song to politics, and I just can't enjoy that one now. :glare:

Halftime show was good, but I'm too old to enjoy Bruno Mars. However, I thought Lady GaGa totally knocked the Star Spangled Banner out of the park. Stayed close enough to the traditional style, but gave it just enough GaGa touch. I'm amazed by her voice every time I hear her sing a real song. Kept expecting Tony Bennett to join her, though. :LOL:

...I'll be watching for my friend Scott on the Freschetta Pizza commercial...
I must have seen 99% of the commercials, Cheryl, but I missed your friend. I'll have to look for the commercial online this week.

It was Souper Bowl Sunday at our house. I made three different pots. The photo shows, starting from the top-left burner, Butter Bean soup (veggie broth and tomato-with-juice broth), Barley-Mushroom (beef broth), and Ham and 15-Bean soup (water base with tomato and some juice). Dawg, if you're looking for leftovers, I might have some I can spare. Need to check with my neighbor friend for her "order" first. She loves my soup - and I love sharing.

Attachments

• 2016-02-07 20.14.57.jpg
    2016-02-07 20.14.57.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 152
Kayelle, I remember Coldplay more for their "Clocks". Someone I once knew online connected the "Rule the World" song to politics, and I just can't enjoy that one now. :glare:

Politics?? Good grief, I'm so glad I missed that connection. I'm so sick of politics I could spit.
Love that song, myself.

Your food looks fabulous!

Last edited:
Craig made burgers and we used up the last of the mac salad from earlier in the week.

Ordered in for two very large fried clams, roast beef sandwiches with BBQ sauce, then slept right through it all after eating.

Pirate to a very bad fall two days ago. He hit the corner of his eye and the side of his head really bad. Then he landed straight on his hip really hard. Today he can hardly walk. His hip is all black and blue along with his eye. I have been keeping an eye on him to make sure there is no concussion.

So we ate and slept. :angel:

I'm not a football fan and DH doesn't care much about the teams playing this year, so I don't know if it will even be on. Even so, I'm making game day food, because it's yummy :yum: :LOL:

The plan is barbecued meatballs, potato skins and spinach-artichoke dip served with Asiago focaccia I got from Panera when we went out for lunch today.

The plan worked! I used some of the cherry barbecue sauce my brother and SIL sent for Christmas (they sent us a nice four-pack of BBQ fruit barbecue sauces from Michigan). Really good.

Attachments

• 2016-02-07 19.14.26.jpg
    2016-02-07 19.14.26.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 137
What fun videos! I really like Coldplay too - I'm fixin' to add some of their songs to my Pandora playlist. :)

CG, I didn't see my friend's commercial, either. On his FB page he said it was 'expected' to play during Superbowl - I guess they scrubbed it for some reason. Could have been time restraints or something...?

I grilled some chicken thighs yesterday - they were small compared to some I've seen :ermm:, so I grilled 4 of them. Threw some asparagus on the grill and built a nice salad. The chicken isn't as 'burnt' as it looks in the pic - I prefer to think of it as caramelized BBQ sauce. :LOL: 'twas very good.
Good looking dinners, all!
img_1454766_0_d8ccd46e3d8e0f300a699c2f9fb4aea0.jpg

I grilled some chicken thighs yesterday - they were small compared to some I've seen :ermm:, so I grilled 4 of them. Threw some asparagus on the grill and built a nice salad. The chicken isn't as 'burnt' as it looks in the pic - I prefer to think of it as caramelized BBQ sauce. :LOL: 'twas very good.
Good looking dinners, all!
img_1454787_0_d8ccd46e3d8e0f300a699c2f9fb4aea0.jpg

Your chicken is cooked perfectly. If the sauce isn't caramelized I won't touch it. Who wants soggy sauce?:LOL:

Marie's dressing is great. Used to be my favorite.
Have you tried Johnny's Ranch yet? It tossed Marie over. Sorry Marie.

Bought a container of it at Costco. Relatively cheap. Thought why not? Live a little.. It's in the spice section. Comes in a plastic container,it's in powdered form. You can make dressings or dip with it. Just using sour cream, mayo, milk. Can make up to 1 gallon.

I'll be using some of the dressing today with the left over Tonkatsu that I made yesterday. Not the traditional loin. I cut them into strips. So today it's going to be Tonkatsu lettuce wraps. I'm too tired and have no plans of even getting out of my jammies. Everythings better in jammies.

Munky, some of us are deprived of a Costco within a decent distance. :( However, my go-to for really good (and reasonably priced) dressing is Litehouse. It is so thick and rich, you can lay the jar on its side and nothing flows out! I could take a spoon and just scoop and eat the Caesar Caesar dressing. :yum: Could, but don't.

Maybe this will change your mind :cool:....
Maybe I should have said "I'm not a fan" rather than "too old to enjoy". ;) He's OK, like a lot of other performers that I think are "OK" and like selected songs. That video, however, is amazing! I am so impressed when someone, or a room full of someones, can take random video clips from some long-ago time and sync them perfectly with a modern song. And that was perfectly seamless! Thanks so much for posting it.

Now I don't want any of you to think I don't like much in the way of music. If you were to visit and see my CD rack, you would think those were discs from three or four different people. Nope, mostly all mine. Himself has his favorites and I enjoy most of them, so I have them on the big rack. But the ones I will not fight him for share space on the small rack that has our Christmas music. I try to keep his "space music" far away from the other stuff!

Your chicken is cooked perfectly. If the sauce isn't caramelized I won't touch it. Who wants soggy sauce?:LOL:

Marie's dressing is great. Used to be my favorite.
Have you tried Johnny's Ranch yet? It tossed Marie over. Sorry Marie.

Bought a container of it at Costco. Relatively cheap. Thought why not? Live a little.. It's in the spice section. Comes in a plastic container,it's in powdered form. You can make dressings or dip with it. Just using sour cream, mayo, milk. Can make up to 1 gallon.

I'll be using some of the dressing today with the left over Tonkatsu that I made yesterday. Not the traditional loin. I cut them into strips. So today it's going to be Tonkatsu lettuce wraps. I'm too tired and have no plans of even getting out of my jammies. Everythings better in jammies.

Thanks, Munky! I haven't tried Johnny's Ranch yet - but if it's from the same "Johnny's" as the famed seasoned salt and the Jamaica Me Crazy :) blend....OMGosh, I for sure will be trying it. I looked at the website and didn't see the powdered ranch blend, so I may be looking at the wrong company. I used to get their products all the time when I lived in Washington.
Johnny's Fine Foods Is this the one?

Will have to see if I can find it at Costco next time I'm there - it's pretty much a day's trip down there and back by the time we do our shopping, so we don't get there often. A good powdered blend would be nice to have on hand since it's just me here, and sometimes I only need "a little bit" of ranch dressing. LOL

Your lettuce wraps sound delish!

CG, I've also heard the Litehouse is good. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom