"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm not a football fan and DH doesn't care much about the teams playing this year, so I don't know if it will even be on. Even so, I'm making game day food, because it's yummy

The plan is barbecued meatballs, potato skins and spinach-artichoke dip served with Asiago focaccia I got from Panera when we went out for lunch today.
The plan worked! I used some of the cherry barbecue sauce my brother and SIL sent for Christmas (they sent us a nice four-pack of BBQ fruit barbecue sauces from Michigan). Really good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-07 19.14.26.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24299  

Old 02-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Halftime show was good, but I'm too old to enjoy Bruno Mars.
Maybe this will change your mind

Old 02-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #33
Master Chef

What fun videos! I really like Coldplay too - I'm fixin' to add some of their songs to my Pandora playlist.

CG, I didn't see my friend's commercial, either. On his FB page he said it was 'expected' to play during Superbowl - I guess they scrubbed it for some reason. Could have been time restraints or something...?

I grilled some chicken thighs yesterday - they were small compared to some I've seen , so I grilled 4 of them. Threw some asparagus on the grill and built a nice salad. The chicken isn't as 'burnt' as it looks in the pic - I prefer to think of it as caramelized BBQ sauce. 'twas very good.
Good looking dinners, all!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #34
Master Chef

Oh GG, I enjoyed that video soooo much!! How clever!!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Oh GG, I enjoyed that video soooo much!! How clever!!!
Isn't it great! Glad you liked it
Old 02-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #36
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post

I grilled some chicken thighs yesterday - they were small compared to some I've seen , so I grilled 4 of them. Threw some asparagus on the grill and built a nice salad. The chicken isn't as 'burnt' as it looks in the pic - I prefer to think of it as caramelized BBQ sauce. 'twas very good.
Good looking dinners, all!
Your chicken is cooked perfectly. If the sauce isn't caramelized I won't touch it. Who wants soggy sauce?

Marie's dressing is great. Used to be my favorite.
Have you tried Johnny's Ranch yet? It tossed Marie over. Sorry Marie.

Bought a container of it at Costco. Relatively cheap. Thought why not? Live a little.. It's in the spice section. Comes in a plastic container,it's in powdered form. You can make dressings or dip with it. Just using sour cream, mayo, milk. Can make up to 1 gallon.

I'll be using some of the dressing today with the left over Tonkatsu that I made yesterday. Not the traditional loin. I cut them into strips. So today it's going to be Tonkatsu lettuce wraps. I'm too tired and have no plans of even getting out of my jammies. Everythings better in jammies.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #37
Master Chef

Munky, some of us are deprived of a Costco within a decent distance. However, my go-to for really good (and reasonably priced) dressing is Litehouse. It is so thick and rich, you can lay the jar on its side and nothing flows out! I could take a spoon and just scoop and eat the Caesar Caesar dressing. Could, but don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Maybe this will change your mind ....
Maybe I should have said "I'm not a fan" rather than "too old to enjoy". He's OK, like a lot of other performers that I think are "OK" and like selected songs. That video, however, is amazing! I am so impressed when someone, or a room full of someones, can take random video clips from some long-ago time and sync them perfectly with a modern song. And that was perfectly seamless! Thanks so much for posting it.

Now I don't want any of you to think I don't like much in the way of music. If you were to visit and see my CD rack, you would think those were discs from three or four different people. Nope, mostly all mine. Himself has his favorites and I enjoy most of them, so I have them on the big rack. But the ones I will not fight him for share space on the small rack that has our Christmas music. I try to keep his "space music" far away from the other stuff!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Your chicken is cooked perfectly. If the sauce isn't caramelized I won't touch it. Who wants soggy sauce?

Marie's dressing is great. Used to be my favorite.
Have you tried Johnny's Ranch yet? It tossed Marie over. Sorry Marie.

Bought a container of it at Costco. Relatively cheap. Thought why not? Live a little.. It's in the spice section. Comes in a plastic container,it's in powdered form. You can make dressings or dip with it. Just using sour cream, mayo, milk. Can make up to 1 gallon.

I'll be using some of the dressing today with the left over Tonkatsu that I made yesterday. Not the traditional loin. I cut them into strips. So today it's going to be Tonkatsu lettuce wraps. I'm too tired and have no plans of even getting out of my jammies. Everythings better in jammies.
Thanks, Munky! I haven't tried Johnny's Ranch yet - but if it's from the same "Johnny's" as the famed seasoned salt and the Jamaica Me Crazy blend....OMGosh, I for sure will be trying it. I looked at the website and didn't see the powdered ranch blend, so I may be looking at the wrong company. I used to get their products all the time when I lived in Washington.
Johnny's Fine Foods Is this the one?

Will have to see if I can find it at Costco next time I'm there - it's pretty much a day's trip down there and back by the time we do our shopping, so we don't get there often. A good powdered blend would be nice to have on hand since it's just me here, and sometimes I only need "a little bit" of ranch dressing. LOL

Your lettuce wraps sound delish!

CG, I've also heard the Litehouse is good. :-)