Super Bowl Meal anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Living within 40 miles of the Colorado border, the Broncos playing in the Super Bowl is a big deal here. We are having friends over and I have chilling a layered bean, sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives etc. dip. They are bringing fresh tortillas, tortilla roll ups, chips, and beer.

What's happening at your place?

Today I am making several meals for the week. Baked potato soup. Spinach soup, doing the prep for steak fajitas. Today is a chicken, spinach, Alfredo pizza. I am going to try a pic. We'll see if it works.........

WIN_20160207_114850.jpg

We are making stuffed cabbage in a little bit to eat for the game.

Have a cherry pie out of the oven.

We aren't much into football, but we'll watch it because it's the American thing to do. :LOL:
I just hope it's a close game to at least make it exciting.

I ordered a nice round pan from Amazon to do my http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/kls-tuscan-pizza-casserole-94777.html
but the darn pan hasn't arrived yet and is overdue for delivery. :mad: grr.
Guess I'll just do it again in the Polish pottery casserole.

I'm not into pro football but we are getting together for the SB like we do every year.
It's a great excuse for me to close shop early today. I've got some wings and 3 slabs of baby backs sitting in my shop fridge. When I close shop I'm heading over to my daughter's house with the wings and ribs. Hopefully the food should be ready to serve by half time.

I'm not a football fan and DH doesn't care much about the teams playing this year, so I don't know if it will even be on. Even so, I'm making game day food, because it's yummy :yum: :LOL:

The plan is barbecued meatballs, potato skins and spinach-artichoke dip served with Asiago focaccia I got from Panera when we went out for lunch today.

I'll be grilling some chicken thighs on this beautiful sunny day. Either a loaded up salad or asparagus will be sides - maybe both, come to think of it. :yum: I'll just throw some asparagus on the grill when the chicken is nearly done.

I'm not a huge football fan, but I do enjoy getting caught up in the Superbowl. :) I'll be watching for my friend Scott on the Freschetta Pizza commercial - he's a local farmer and runs the farmers market here in our small town. Super nice guy, and has the best organic produce around. :)

Appetizers
Nachos
Baked Brie
Broccoli and cheese stromboli
Assorted cheese and crackers
Fresh baked bread
Salad with all the fixin's ( marinated artichoke hearts , marinated shrooms, olives ...)
Strawberry/ Banana/ coconut smoothie
Fruit salad

I always get yelled at that I make too much.

Oven fried chicken drumsticks with blue cheese dressing , celery and red pepper strips with roasted onion dip, olives, a sugar free ginger ale and a handful of pistachios.

Sort of grazing until it's time to watch Downton Abbey and Mercy Street.

Not sure what will happen here. We don't usually do anything for Super Bowl. We don't watch the game so it will just be a normal Sunday evening for us. We had a really nice lunch at Red Lobster after church so we may just do some snacks and sandwiches for supper.

I'm just annoyed that Madam Secretary and The Good Wife will be superceded by the Super Bowl. How dare they. :mad:

I might make some smashed potatoes with lots of cheese.

New plan. DH doesn't want potatoes, so he's off to Hardee's with Beagle for mushroom swiss burgers (coupon) and onion rings.

Edit: apparently DH didn't want Hardee's, so he and Beagle came home with a pizza. Always an adventure here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not much here. We're not football or Super Bowl fans so we won't have the game on. Tonight's meal fare will be leftover Swiss steak and mashed potatoes. After dinner we'll watch a movie on disk or one that we've recorded.

I know what most of the people in my town are eating, WINGS! I cooked well over 3000 wings today at work, I'm pooped. Now I'll lay in bed while my back spasms....

My wife was yelling at me all day that I was making too much food. Sure enough, after cooking and tasting and tasting and cooking all day, game time rolled around and i was stuffed . I got a big old " I told you so " face, and now I know what Im having for dinner for the rest of the week :)

What a half time show I loved it!! The best ever imo!!

I must be very old, Kay. The only one DH and I recognized was Beyonce! We had a heckuva time trying to figure out who the guy in the white t-shirt was (Bruno Mars, apparently).

DH is still hungry. We polished off the pizza. It was pathetically small, but thin crust and crunchy. I'll need to make him more leftovers tomorrow. We plan to hit up Larry's, he has leftovers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom