Super Bowl Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I’m really surprised that no one seems to talking about their Super Bowl menus! What are you making today? Are you even gonna watch the game? I won’t; While the game is on I’ll be cooking. I’ll take a break for the Anthem, the ads and the half-time. And Super Bowl dinner isn’t gonna be hot dogs and chili, it’s gonna a be a bouillabaisse with crab, shrimp, lobster, black cod and salmon, with homemade Dutch oven bread, and accompanied by a dump salad with homemade Caesar salad dressing. For dessert? Bananas Foster!

I really don’t care which team wins. I have to root for the Patriots, though, because someone I hate with a passion lives in PA. (That’s rare for me; I try not to keep hate in my heart. This is one of only maybe three people out of 7 billion that make my blood boil.) so, GO PATRIOTS! Lol

I’m really surprised that no one seems to talking about their Super Bowl menus! What are you making today? Are you even gonna watch the game? I won’t; While the game is on I’ll be cooking. I’ll take a break for the Anthem, the ads and the half-time. And Super Bowl dinner isn’t gonna be hot dogs and chili, it’s gonna a be a bouillabaisse with crab, shrimp, lobster, black cod and salmon, with homemade Dutch oven bread, and accompanied by a dump salad with homemade Caesar salad dressing. For dessert? Bananas Foster!

I really don’t care which team wins. I have to root for the Patriots, though, because someone I hate with a passion lives in PA. (That’s rare for me; I try not to keep hate in my heart. This is one of only maybe three people out of 7 billion that make my blood boil.) so, GO PATRIOTS! Lol

Thank you for that Pats Cheer. We are going to stick a frozen pizza with extra pepperoni and cheese into the oven.

SO and I will be watching the game together. I made a pot of chili for today and we have some poppers and misc. other snacks to keep us from starving during the game.

Just hanging in with my gf today..was going to go into the city to be with my older brother for his birthday, but it is snowing and the forecast is to do so all day..I'm not into the drive there and back on my only day off..we'll plan for next Sunday..

I have a rack of ribs ready for the oven, some chicken wings for the fryer, blue cheese dip for crunchy veggies, some calamari also because if I am going to get the fryer out and dirty a liter or so of oil I'm gonna make it worth while...Some Miller Genuine Draft in the fridge..hope I make it to game time...:p...

I'll hold off until later this afternoon as I have a bunch of homework in my drum room for a set list we are working on with my current band...

I'm going to Lowe's with a friend who has a pickup truck to get a few hundred pounds of mulch for my garden. I'll probably cook a steak for dinner. If I watch the game, it will be for the commercials -- something I usually hate about watching sports on TV, but I enjoy during the Super Bowl. If the Eagles pull off an upset, that will be a bonus.

CD

I'll thaw some meatballs I made a couple weeks ago and make some kind of dipping sauce. Maybe I'll just warm them up with some of the cherry barbecue sauce I made and canned last summer. I'll also use the leftover beef taco fixings to make nachos and maybe a dip for fresh veggies. That should do it.

DH doesn't much care about this game, since he's a Lions fan, but apparently Tom Brady is from MI, and DH's golf buddy is from PA, so that's reason enough to root a little for the Patriots. I'll probably go eat in my sitting room, with another TV, upstairs. The constant buzz in a football stadium gets on my nerves.

Brady is from CA. He went to That School Up North for college. ?

I'm making Philly Cheesesteaks for supper. Maybe French onion soup, too, since I dreamt about it all night. But now I'm a little tired of it and lost my taste...

We have been munching on salami, cheese and other goodies all morning..

Dinner plan was steak, potatoes and cheese in foil packs on the grill.. Having snow flurries so, they will be done in a hot oven instead...

edited to add: go whomever, I'll enjoy the commercials..

Ross

:LOL: Go whomever! I like that, Ross!

Football nuts that we are (not, especially since the Vikings didn't make it) we're having Thanksgiving in July casserole a little early, if I can get the dang thing thawed.

Last edited:
For me a super bowl, is a very big bowl..

We had pork steaks with potato wedges , gravy, apple sauce and corn.

Waiting for the game

Attachments

• 27781149_10156161535479993_2085507470_n.jpg
    27781149_10156161535479993_2085507470_n.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 141
I bought lunch at Whataburger for me and my neighbor with a truck who took me to Lowe's for mulch. I had my usual #1 with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo, plus fries with Whataburger's outstanding ketchup, and unsweetened fresh-brewed iced tea.

That was my big meal for today. I'll just graze tonight, while not watching the SB.

CD

I am munching on pork cutlet strips. I am hoping by putting something in my stomach, I will stop with this annoying passing of gas every two or three minutes. I just finished eating a few tomatoes that had Greek olive oil and sea salt on it. This all started with a glass of chocolate milk.

TMI again Addie. :wacko:

I'm doing a beef Asian noodle soup dish just flying by the seat of my pants and having fun thinking what to use. Geeze, I just love cooking like this even though we'll likely never have the same thing again. Cooking and life is a big adventure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom