Super Bowl Sunday Dinner! 2/5/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going for a dim sum type supper .... not watching the game, not into sports. We'll be watching old BBC series, and nibbling dumpling kinda rolls and dipping sauces.

Daughter and boyfriend are coming over. I'm doing pizza two ways. The first is a traditional sausage and mushroom pie with a homemade basil marinara sauce. The second is a sauce-less pizza with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and walnuts. I'm also making homemade potato chips with caramelized onion dip, and the cheesy jalapeno pull bread that was posted on Simply Recipes earlier this week.

Oh... and beer, of course!

Last edited:
No sports here either. Just not into it.

I have a nice big chicken stuffed with onions and seasoned with lots of herbs and fresh lemon juice in the crock-pot. We'll have corn-on-the-cob and a nice salad along with. Iced tea to drink and warm cherry pie for dessert.

Bulgogi with rice cakes

img_1104537_0_d854eb801f4dd5a8ac77418f29e3311d.jpg

And Dakdoritang (spicy chicken with potatoes).

img_1104537_1_08bc01d21a13dcddc914d2d8176fb67c.jpg

Served with some dirty rice made with boudin.

Last edited:
We filed our taxes and hub wanted to go out for dinner. SOOOOOOO ......
We went to The Longhorn for lunch. (I am having a salad w/ HB egg for my dinner cause I had big lunch) The 4 of us shared the Firecracker Buffalo Chicken Wraps appy - 2 half wraps each was a perfect size. Hub and I subbed out the Blue Ridge salad for the regular salad that came with the dinner - it was romaine hearts, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles and bacon bits - wonderful. I ordered a strip steak medium. The first steak came out gray inside. Well back it went. The second one came out and if I gave it a transfusion it would have galloped off. Third time was a charm - perfectly cooked. The manager comped my dinner. I only ate 1/3 of the steak because by the time they got it right the family was done eating!! I hate that!! I finished the steak when I got home (my DD had the tater) and it was good even at room temp. Aside from the steak cooking problem the food was good.

We have the game on but it's kinda just playing in the background. I'll go to bed at the normal time whether the game is over or not! I made a big pot of chili that we are slurping up as I type. I got some shredded Gruyere cheese, sour cream, and Fritos for toppings. Have a chocolate cake for dessert. After the spicy chili, I like a little something sweet with milk.

I'm trying an experiment with the thickening element for my gravy tonight. I stirred the cornstarch into sour cream instead of water, will make a stroganoff type gravy.

With smashed potatoes, should be tasty!

Date night for us. We went to Casa Greque. I had pork medaillons and scampi. DH had the chicken brochette. both came with rice and roast potatoes. They also come with unlimited trips to the salad bar. I had some taramosalata, marinated fava beans, and other yummy veg. The medaillons were good, once I took off the undercooked bacon that was wrapped around them. I have never seen the bacon get cooked enough when it's wrapped around a medaillon of any sort. Why do they do that? I guess 'cause it sounds way better than it is. :LOL: The scampi were pretty good. DH's chicken brochette was pretty good too.

He finished with cheese cake. He said it was the best he has had in a resto for quite a while. I just had a double espresso allongé. I skipped the wholewheat roll.

We had roast beast over potatoes, onions and carrots. We also had asparagus tossed with garlic butter and chile peppers. OMG, so good I could have made a meal out of that alone.

I made cocktail meatballs in the small crock-pot, homemade onion dip with chips, chicken fingers with bbq sauce, baby carrots, ranch dressing and frozen fries. :ermm:

img_1104703_0_d36499c03ef7e05d3560d19ce315efa0.jpg

img_1104703_1_68179d1bbaffd56f5f760a0dde8a5b31.jpg

thanks msmofet and ppp

The pictures didn't turn out great, because I was trying to watch the game too. I wanted to make finger foods. I think I will buy a big sub sandwich next time and have the chips -n- dip.

Back
Top Bottom