"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
View Poll Results: Plans for Superbowl Sunday?
Hosting a Get-Together/Party 10 33.33%
Attending a Get-Together/Party 8 26.67%
Not Interested/Don't Care Much for Football 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
"barbecued beef stew"
That sounds good! Do you have a recipe here somewhere? Well, I suppose I could use search.....
It's here, I believe I posted in the "Stews" section a while back, "Barbecue Beef Stew with Cheddar Cornbread pudding and dark ale"- the dark ale makes it. Good cold weather food!

Finally reached my goal weight- 120 lbs- & never going back!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #22
Head Chef
Neither of us are sport fans but always do something for the Stuporbowl because it is a great excuse for us to do something a little bit special. We have a couple of months of winter under our belts and will have a couple more, so we use the day to cook something we usually don't.

We are both thinking about making a bunch of deep fried stuff, including wings and fries and whatever else seems like a good idea at the time. Or maybe something else. It is a day to indulge ourselves a tad. Stuff we rarely eat.

We will probably watch a bit of the game, we used to live about three miles from the Foxboro stadium. never were particular Patriot's fans, but they have been so good it would be nice to see them win it all. Of course, a great game by the Giants would also make it a lot of fun. And a boring game will leave us on the web or searching the channels.

Hope y'all enjoy the day.

Before criticizing a person, walk a mile in his shoes - then you are a mile away and you have his shoes!
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #23
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to jerseyjay14
Originally Posted by Bethany1907 View Post
If you're having people over or going to someones house for a get-together on Superbowl Sunday...what kind of food will be there/you bring? I'm not very much into football & we're going to have a few people over, and am looking for ideas of foods that people will snack on while probably drinking beer & such..
my boss is having a party, i'll be making some jalepeno poppers, some garlic wings, and some spinach quiche squares
jerseyjay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #24
Executive Chef
No answer applies. I'll be home watching alone or maybe going to the bar.

Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote