Supper 2019 June 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is there really no supper thread yet?

We had tortellini with a pesto sauce. There was also a salad of green crisp lettuce, carrot, scallion, haskap berries, and defrosted kernels of corn, served with a homemade vinaigrette.

My sister brought back some Jerk Seasoning from her latest cruise. So, I used it on some wings that I smoked on the Weber Kettle with some hickory wood.

I snapped a picture, because the color was incredible. Crisp skin, and fall-apart tender meat.

CD

Attachments

• SmokedJerkWings.jpg
    SmokedJerkWings.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Those are rather large looking wings, cd. Mighty fine! I love that mahogany color, too.

Is there really no supper thread yet?...
I would have been around sooner, taxy, but it's been a rather snake-like day around here. I've been dragging my asp around all day long. ;)

I made a quick, easy, and winner dinner tonight: a pan full of onions, hot dog discs, and potato chunks. Lots of pepper and paprika for flavor. Sadly, no rye bread for sopping up the juice. Still tasty.

Good lookin' wings, Casey. :yum: I need to add them to my list, it's been a while since I've had wings.

I made spaghetti this morning and had that this evening with a small side salad, and garlic toast. Been a busy day today.

I was waiting for somebody else to start it since I started it the night before.

We had cheese steak sammies loose meat style and home fries.

I think I've forgotten how to cook. Last night is the third night in a row there was no cooking for me. We had rotisserie chicken and desserts from TJ's.
At least my stove has remained spotlessly clean since the deep cleaning a few days ago, so there's that.

Things have to change tonight as the fridge is loaded with food needing some cooking.
Looking for my missing MoJo.

Made stock yesterday, June 6, out of some old bones and a 39¢/lb whole chicken. Ate a salad and grazed on chicken meat for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom