Supper Friday 7/24/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a 4-pack of portobello mushrooms I plan to stuff for dinner tonight. A neighbor dropped off a ziplock full of basil she harvested from her plants. Bruschetta may be in our future as well.

I'm leaving for grocery shopping in a bit and I have NO leftovers! *gasp!* I see pita pizzas in our future. Himself's will be full of meats and onion and the usual stuff, I plan on topping mine with a bit of prosciutto, black olives, fresh tomato, and arugula.

I bought a 4-pack of portobello mushrooms I plan to stuff for dinner tonight. A neighbor dropped off a ziplock full of basil she harvested from her plants. Bruschetta may be in our future as well.

SO voted. We're having bruschetta and some cheese and meats along with a glass of wine. Saving the stuffed mushrooms for tomorrow.

What I really want is a carne asada burrito covered with salsa verde :yum:, but what I'll probably end of having is a loaded up salad. Lots of produce to use up while it's still nice and fresh.

It was our 28th anniversary yesterday, so we're probably going out in search of a good steak dinner tonight.

Chied Fricken.
Fresh Okra & Tomatoes. Well seasoned.
Sliced Cucumber.
Refrigerator Scraps....Consisting of Butter Beans, Rutabagas, Green Beans.
Chocolate Ice Cream!:clap:

This morning Craig was on another site and I saw a side bar with a recipe for orichette with spicy Italian sausage with browned butter, sage and pecorino. Guess what we had for dinner tonight! Made it with farfalle instead because the closest grocery didn't have orichette. Really good, definitely a make again.

We needed a quick easy dinner tonight because we made about a 6 hour round trip drive to pick up a little buddy for Arwen, our pug puppy. He's a pug, black, and his name is Strider. He's a cutie patottie! Probably pics tomorrow.

I plan to fix my all time, long standing, favorite pasta salad.

Three-Pepper Pasta Salad Recipe | Taste of Home

Except I add more peppers and tomatoes than the recipe calls for. I will also add some diced grilled chicken on top, to maybe get DH to ignore the pasta in the salad!

What are you fixing?

I LOVE that pasta salad! I've made it at many summer bbq's and taken it to potlucks. It's always a hit.

Last edited:
Chied Fricken.
Fresh Okra & Tomatoes. Well seasoned.
Sliced Cucumber.
Refrigerator Scraps....Consisting of Butter Beans, Rutabagas, Green Beans.
Chocolate Ice Cream!:clap:

Hiya Uncle Bob! I have a frozen package of Okra and no idea what do do with them..tell me pleeeze?

Steve came home again today with chicken wings, this time at half price! We're having grilled wings, corn "off the cob" fried in fresh chive butter and a green salad.

All the talk on yesterday's thread about eggs in purgatory (which I had never heard of before) got me interested. I spent most of the day out and about running errands and doing the grocery run. It was something easy and quick. DH didn't realize he was eating eggs! He thought it was a dumpling of some sort. We had them with salads and King's Hawaiian bread.

In a near food coma. We went to a very popular Italian joint, and wow, were they busy! We got an order of cheesy garlic bread, a small salad, and split a ribeye with a side of fettucini that I didn't try, but DH loved. I'm stuffed, and we have a few leftovers.

We needed a quick easy dinner tonight because we made about a 6 hour round trip drive to pick up a little buddy for Arwen, our pug puppy. He's a pug, black, and his name is Strider. He's a cutie patottie! Probably pics tomorrow.

Wow, for real?! We have a cat named Arwen and a part Basenji named Stryder! See you in the Shire! :wink :

I volunteered at the master gardener help desk today, then ran some errands, came home, weeded the garden a little, and harvested some Roma tomatoes, basil and parsley. Then I made pesto. Then I was too tired to cook, so we ordered pizza.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom