Supper : Monday 12th March.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well we shellfished ourselves silly the last two nights and DH said we need some meat, so I am going to roast a chicken infused with some fresh orange tonight. We'll have some buttered white cabbage and roasted carrots too, its mid week and I am loathe to over eat so no roasted potatos but I will ofcourse make a sauce with the chicken and orange juices. :chef:

I'm making corned beef and cabbage-with potatoes and carrots and irish soda bread. This was requested by my son because Jimmy and I are going to our friend's house on Sat to celebrate.I'm notin the modd to do this but, if I keep reminding myself it's for Dennis it will be ok. Love and energy, Vicki

I'm making mini corndogs tonight since the kids have been asking for them. I don't know what we'll have with them, probably french fries.

I`m making a Steak and Mushroom pie, I`ve already made the filling for it, now I`m faced with having to make Pastry!:ohmy:

I can make Bread dough and biscuit pastry without a thought, but non are really ideal for my "Vision" of this pie:(
and the old Mashed potatoe topping (cheat mode) isn`t gunna cut it either.

I have absolutely NO pastry experience beyond shop bought frozen stuff, and I don`t fancy a walk out today, I think it`s time for some DC Surfing!:rolleyes:

I'm making baby back ribs and baked chicken. Not sure about sides. I often have to do two main dishes and a selection of sides when DH is here cuz he is so picky!!

We are going to MIL's for dinner tonight. No idea what we will have but I'm guessing a roast chicken. I'm going to prep that lasagna and we will have it whenever we next eat at home! LOL.

Chicken noodle soup. All I have to do now is boil the noodles. Boy it smells good!

made a pot of bean soup yesterday with a fine ham bone, and all the usuals. will sautee some kale and add to it before munching down tonight for a one dish meal with some crusty bread and evoo.

Tonight's raid the fridge/pantry night since it's Buck's night for his Lions Club dinner meeting. I'll have to see what's made its way to the back of the shelves in the refrigerator. I always hate it when something previously really yummy becomes a UFO...unidentified food object.

DH asked for some veal stew, which is now in progress, The rest of us are having med sized shrimp, tossed in a baking dish with lots of garlic, butter,wine and a great deal of several ground pepper, red and black.Then we will put this over rice..Artichokes each, tossed green salad, warm buttered french bread..made a mud pie for dessert;)
kadesma

Going to the grocery store tonight to pick up some necessities, so who knows what I'll come home with:rolleyes: Dad called and said he made a huge pot of kale with ham hocks, so I'll probably stop at his house and take a big ole bowl home with me. Also starting a loaf of bread to bake for tommorow and will make chicken salad for my daughter to take to work this week.

well that`s it now, I`m commited, the Pie is in and cooking now.

I`ve No idea what it`ll turn out like, but it will be "Edible" in the strictest sense of the word (non Toxic).

anything beyond this will be a pleasant surprise :)

Back
Top Bottom